cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX1080TI_P11G Front Fan and Temps

Shane_x86_64
Level 7
Hi all,

Need some guidance because our local shops are complete garbage. I bought the gtx1080ti poseidon 25.01.2018 with 3years of warranty. I soon realized that the card runs extremely hot unless I push up under the psu connectors in which case the Temps immediately jump down by 10c. I sent it back to the shop in March. 2018 and they sent it back claiming everything is fine. Now my front Fan won't spin, due to the constant 84c+ in any kind of load the fans were over 80% for the past year while having the side of the case taken down.
https://youtu.be/Cb_4Ik3cj5w
This is what happens if I manually try to spin the fans. The same noise occurs if I set the fan rpm to pretty much anything in gpu tweak 2. I tried every rpm, the fan starts up then this grinding noise before the fan stops and the gpu overheats. Of course I'll send it in with the fan+Temps issue but no idea what's gonna happen. Fan most likely will be replaced but what can be done regarding the Temps and push up gpu... Anyone got this temp issue that was resolved?
2 REPLIES 2

Shane_x86_64
Level 7
@Update:
I sent it back to the retailer, immediately they called me to let me know that the temperature issue is not covered in manufacturer warranty and it's normal behavior... :rolleyes: but they'll check the card's fans. I contacted the Hungarian ASUS service center where they let me know that on Hungary there's no such thing as manufacturer warranty for PC components and only the retailer can help with these :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Catch of 22, I have an overheating GTX1080TI Poseidon where I have to force push the card up so hard that my PCIe slot flexes on the motherboard otherwise it's a paperweight and I can't send it for proper warranty procedure anywhere. Awesome purchase!

I've been thinking about replacing the stock waterblock with a STRIX EK waterblock (at least they claim it *should* be compatible) but I can't remove the screw with a warranty sticker on it otherwise I'm yet again out of luck. :rolleyes: Again, ... awesome purchase is awesome.

Shane_x86_64
Level 7
One more update on the situation, after countless emails with the retailer and our local ASUS support, the support finally managed to create a case with the official service center and gave me a mail to send to the retailer so that they have to send the card in and not decide what's faulty and what not. Will see how we progress.