cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please restart to complete audio installation

Dillmiester
Level 7
As the title says I have been having this issue where I run the Asus Setup from the audio installer folder it installs fine but at random times a dialog box will pop up asking me to restart to complete installation no matter how many times you acknowledge it, it returns I have an Asus B350-F Strix but this is not the only board that has the problem.

Windows 10 x64

Oh yea and the Captcha thing, super annoying.
4 REPLIES 4

MorePower
Level 8
Yes I get this too. I actually had to restart today. If you go into Reliability Monitor it will list the silent update. Something called A-Volute. I think it has to do with Sonic Studio 3.

btrach144
Level 7
Pretty sure the updates are being auto installed by the windows store. If you go in there, you should see that your audio software was recently updated.

btrach144 wrote:
Pretty sure the updates are being auto installed by the windows store. If you go in there, you should see that your audio software was recently updated.

Yeah ! exactly ! after checking, this is where updates happen... Just disable "auto update" inside the Windows Store or uninstall "Sonic Radar" or "Sonic Studio"... Personnally I don't what those apps really do... They seem useless...

mzhuezel11
Level 7

Hey Dillmiester,

I can totally understand your frustration with this peculiar audio installation hiccup on your Asus B350-F Strix motherboard. These tech glitches can be quite exasperating, to say the least. It's intriguing to note that you're not alone, as this issue seems to plague other boards as well.

Here's a possible solution to try: Begin by making sure your Windows 10 x64 is up-to-date, as sometimes missing updates can lead to these unexpected glitches. Additionally, ensure you're running the audio installer as an administrator. Also, check if there are any pending system reboots that might be causing the installation to request a restart repeatedly.

In my own experience, I've found that performing a clean uninstall of the audio drivers and then reinstalling them can resolve similar issues. But remember to back up your data and create a system restore point just in case.

By the way, there's a software solution from Andersen that's gained some positive reviews for troubleshooting audio-related problems. You might want to explore it as an additional option.

As for the Captcha annoyance, it's indeed a necessary evil in the digital realm, but it does help enhance security. So try to ignore it.