Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    ASUS ROG STRIX Z390- I issues with booting - new build

    Good morning, I’m looking for some help and advice.
    I have purchased new mobo mentioned above and have paired it with Intel i9 9900K.

    Whenever booting the new system AIO and it’s fans seem to be fine, RAM looks good and PSU looks good. Chassis fans are not working.
    No Q-LEDs are lighting up, OK men does not seem to be doing anything. Have tried booting it without RAM and graphics card. Tried two different PSUs but results are the same (I have checked motherboard and CPU power connection) . I am expecting system speaker to arrive today *to see if it gives me any further clues.

    The only thing I can think of is faulty CPU but I am not that experienced.

    Would anyone have any ideas based on the mobo behaviour as far as now?

    Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.*

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Phillyflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    536

    Quote Originally Posted by maykee79 View Post
    Good morning, I’m looking for some help and advice.
    I have purchased new mobo mentioned above and have paired it with Intel i9 9900K.

    Whenever booting the new system AIO and it’s fans seem to be fine, RAM looks good and PSU looks good. Chassis fans are not working.
    No Q-LEDs are lighting up, OK men does not seem to be doing anything. Have tried booting it without RAM and graphics card. Tried two different PSUs but results are the same (I have checked motherboard and CPU power connection) . I am expecting system speaker to arrive today *to see if it gives me any further clues.

    The only thing I can think of is faulty CPU but I am not that experienced.

    Would anyone have any ideas based on the mobo behaviour as far as now?

    Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.*
    The Q code led should light up even if CPU was at fault...would throw 00 error code....I would first check the power supply and connections to board and insure a firm connection to board....more inclined to think the board would be at fault if the power supply is 100% and connections are fully intact.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
    Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
    XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
    Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
    Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
    32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
    MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
    (5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
    (2) WD 1TB Black Edition
    Corsair 900 D

  3. #3
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillyflyer View Post
    The Q code led should light up even if CPU was at fault...would throw 00 error code....I would first check the power supply and connections to board and insure a firm connection to board....more inclined to think the board would be at fault if the power supply is 100% and connections are fully intact.
    Thank you for your response. I have tested the mobo with two different PSUs and two different sets of cables (I made sure those are properly connected). Same outcome. I have ordered onboard PC speaker and that emits no beeps on the power on. This board does have 4 separate LEDs to indicate issues with hardware (not the digit and letter one) and that stays off even without RAM or CPU. No beep upon switching it on.
    Last edited by maykee79; 05-07-2019 at 11:08 AM.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Phillyflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    536

    Quote Originally Posted by maykee79 View Post
    Thank you for your response. I have tested the mobo with two different PSUs and two different sets of cables (I made sure those are properly connected). Same outcome. I have ordered onboard PC speaker and that emits no beeps on the power on. This board does have 4 separate LEDs to indicate issues with hardware (not the digit and letter one) and that stays off even without RAM or CPU. No beep upon switching it on.
    I would return / RMA the board....most likely board is DOA.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
    Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
    XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
    Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
    Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
    32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
    MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
    (5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
    (2) WD 1TB Black Edition
    Corsair 900 D

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Darren Stevens PC Specs
    Darren Stevens PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Platinum 11GB
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Platinum 11GB
    MonitorASUS PG348Q ROG Swift 34in 100Hz G-Sync IPS Gaming Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerEK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock - Nickel
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite Satin Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Digital ATX Modular
    Keyboard ASUS ROG GK2000 Horus RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset ASUS ROG Cerberus Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath Gaming Surface
    Headset/Speakers ASUS ROG Centurion True 7.1 Gaming Headset
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit UEFI Install
    Network RouterASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Triband Router
    Accessory #1 Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Accessory #2 ASUS ROG SLI HB Bridge - 4 Slot
    Darren Stevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    109

    Take everything out of your case, put your motherboard on the box it came in, install the CPU & Ram (put ram in the right slots refer to instruction manual) & power it up, if it comes to life connect every thing else one at a time booting in between.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •