cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI 9700k OC with Power Savings

j9murphy
Level 7
Can someone point me to a guide that explains overclocking while maintaining the ability for voltage and speed to drop while not under load? Most of what I see online creates an overclock which is constant independent of load. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

jab383
Level 13
The concept is 'adaptive' core voltage along with EIST or 'speedstep.' There are so many guides and discussions on setting adaptive voltage in BIOS around the forum, I'll not try to reproduce them. You can search the forum and/or google for those terms.

jab383 wrote:
The concept is 'adaptive' core voltage along with EIST or 'speedstep.' There are so many guides and discussions on setting adaptive voltage in BIOS around the forum, I'll not try to reproduce them. You can search the forum and/or google for those terms.

Thank you for the quick reply! is there one guide that you see as being definitive or particularly good to get started with? I'm not interested in getting every last Mhz out of the CPU, just looking for a good stable 24/7 overclock that preserves power saving features and doesn't push the cpu voltage too high.