cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XI Hero WIFI Sound Question

Samekas
Level 7
Hey guys, when connecting the headphones should it be connected to front audio or back for better overall sound quality? I searched and some say to connect to back and other to the front. I read somewhere that connecting trough front the audio goes to a better route than back?
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
As far i have test. both sound are fine. The front panel sound will depend on the quality of the cables. But most cases have good cables. I have test some cases myself. Asus app, sonic studio, if it works good for you, can separate the sound from the back from the front or have both sound with the same signal, is part of the option of the Audio Control. Since is your question is regarding the 3,5mm jack (front/back) i will leave that there. Since there is more. Overall since have independent amp on ROG audio, audio is the same quality and the front will depend on the quality of the front panel cables. Most do, but not all of them.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
As far i have test. both sound are fine. The front panel sound will depend on the quality of the cables. But most cases have good cables. I have test some cases myself. Asus app, sonic studio, if it works good for you, can separate the sound from the back from the front or have both sound with the same signal, is part of the option of the Audio Control. Since is your question is regarding the 3,5mm jack (front/back) i will leave that there. Since there is more. Overall since have independent amp on ROG audio, audio is the same quality and the front will depend on the quality of the front panel cables. Most do, but not all of them.

It's just because I read on hardocp that the front audio has better quality.