cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX SCAR 2 GL504GM delivering low frames

filipmak
Level 7
Hello! I've recently bought an Rog Scar 2 (GLM504GM) gaming laptop and i'm experiencing what I feel is a bit vague performance levels.
As some of you may know this laptop has an excellent screen with 144hz/3ms ratings.
I've tried playing some games like for example League of legends, because this is not a very demanding game. Although I can barely reach 140fps, with MEDIUM settings!

I've tried googling and even called tech support to see how they can help me but obviously the best clue they gave me was "do a windows 10 reset and see how it performs...".

I know that there are some possibilites to change the settings in the Nvidia control panel. And i've tried editing them, to what I think, no avail.
I have also tried updating all the drivers (except BIOS).

Do you have any tips as to what I should do, because with a Gefore GTX 1060 - 6GB, I7- 7850H & 16gb DDR4 ram AND a price tag at above €1500, i'm honestly expecting more. Fortnite will barely do 80-90 FPS at medium...
So is there any tips for how I can increase those Frames?

Thank you for all tips!
1 REPLY 1

mp271901
Level 7
filipmak wrote:
Hello! I've recently bought an Rog Scar 2 (GLM504GM) gaming laptop and i'm experiencing what I feel is a bit vague performance levels.
As some of you may know this laptop has an excellent screen with 144hz/3ms ratings.
I've tried playing some games like for example League of legends, because this is not a very demanding game. Although I can barely reach 140fps, with MEDIUM settings!

I've tried googling and even called tech support to see how they can help me but obviously the best clue they gave me was "do a windows 10 reset and see how it performs...".

I know that there are some possibilites to change the settings in the Nvidia control panel. And i've tried editing them, to what I think, no avail.
I have also tried updating all the drivers (except BIOS).

Do you have any tips as to what I should do, because with a Gefore GTX 1060 - 6GB, I7- 7850H & 16gb DDR4 ram AND a price tag at above €1500, i'm honestly expecting more. Fortnite will barely do 80-90 FPS at medium...
So is there any tips for how I can increase those Frames?

Thank you for all tips!

Hey,

I have the same model GL504GM Hero 2 with more or less the same speccs and i am expieriencing the same issue. You said you have 16gb RAM in your system? Is it dual channel (2x8gb RAM) or single channel (1x16gb RAM)? I have 8gb single channel (one RAM stick) in my laptop. Due to some reviews, dual channel ram will utilize the full potential of your CPU and GPU in CPU intensive games like BF5. I recently found this vid and i will upgrade my system with another 8gb RAM so that i will have dual channel ram (2x8gb)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_aPaj5QkmM&t=195s

Regards