cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z370G CPU fan step up/down time

CP9901
Level 7
Hi

I'm using Z370G with the latest BIOS. I'm running a custom loop for my build. I can't find the CPU fan step up/down response time adjustment and my water pump will skyrocket for some random seconds, which is extremely annoying. I think the adjustment for response time is a must have.

I'm running macOS with this build for 95% of the time other than gaming, so I will need a solution without installing software. I tried to look for hardware, such as an adapter that will curve the pwm. However, I didn't find any.

What do you guys do for response time?

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
CP9901 wrote:
Hi

I'm using Z370G with the latest BIOS. I'm running a custom loop for my build. I can't find the CPU fan step up/down response time adjustment and my water pump will skyrocket for some random seconds, which is extremely annoying. I think the adjustment for response time is a must have.

I'm running macOS with this build for 95% of the time other than gaming, so I will need a solution without installing software. I tried to look for hardware, such as an adapter that will curve the pwm. However, I didn't find any.

What do you guys do for response time?

Thanks in advance.

Short answer....step up doesn't work well, if at all. Do you have a temp monitor of your water? That's what I ended up doing on my h150 when I posted the same question about Corsair Icue on their forum. Don't these boards have a water temp header?

Plus water temp is a gradual change and isn't going to constantly vary by the second

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
Short answer....step up doesn't work well, if at all. Do you have a temp monitor of your water? That's what I ended up doing on my h150 when I posted the same question about Corsair Icue on their forum. Don't these boards have a water temp header?

Plus water temp is a gradual change and isn't going to constantly vary by the second

Yes I do have a sensor in the water and all my fans spin based on the water temp. However, the pump that connects to the pump header does spike.

CP9901 wrote:
Yes I do have a sensor in the water and all my fans spin based on the water temp. However, the pump that connects to the pump header does spike.

So your pump is paired with cpu temp and not water temp?

Asryan
Level 10
I have the same issue, i put 25c of step up and down but still, even if the CPU spikes for 2s, i can hear the chassis fan going up and down,

With the fan of the CPU it's not an issue they are controled by ICUE but for the chassis fan it's a bit annoying

Also besides setting up fan curve for chassis in Bios, is there another way to control chassis fans plugued on the motherboard? I don't want to instal AI suite again, I hate it.

Also, another thing i've noticed it seems that the temperatures in the bios does not matches the one in game
For example;

If i set up the fan to be at 100% at 50c, they will be only at 80c if I reach 50c in game (the value there are just for example)

Someone have any idea how to have something more coherent?

Thanks

Asryan wrote:
I have the same issue, i put 25c of step up and down but still, even if the CPU spikes for 2s, i can hear the chassis fan going up and down,

With the fan of the CPU it's not an issue they are controled by ICUE but for the chassis fan it's a bit annoying

Also besides setting up fan curve for chassis in Bios, is there another way to control chassis fans plugued on the motherboard? I don't want to instal AI suite again, I hate it.

Also, another thing i've noticed it seems that the temperatures in the bios does not matches the one in game
For example;

If i set up the fan to be at 100% at 50c, they will be only at 80c if I reach 50c in game (the value there are just for example)

Someone have any idea how to have something more coherent?

Thanks

This is the reason I went with the Corsair commander pro. My case fans are linked to my gpu temperature , so only active during gaming, and my h150i CPU fans are paired to it's liquid temp, NOT cpu temp. Having cpu fans Spike up and down on a whim is a waste especially in a water cooled system. But yeah step up times never work via the BIOS. Not sure why they even bother.

Asryan
Level 10
I wanted to avoid having another controler in the case actually, I have a H500M case and the front fans are not PWM too. This is a bit annoying to have the fan going up and down all the time, only solution is to have a very peculiar custom curve

Asryan wrote:
I wanted to avoid having another controler in the case actually, I have a H500M case and the front fans are not PWM too. This is a bit annoying to have the fan going up and down all the time, only solution is to have a very peculiar custom curve

how did you get it work (or be able to live with it) ?
what does your curve look like?