cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Apex i9-9900k Idle temp?

gamersnom
Level 7
Hello everyone..

I'm running 9900k on maximus XI apex with 100i rgb platinum cooler... no tweaking, just XMP I Enable for RAM config,
Want to ask about this idle temp? is it fine??? ambient is about 30c - 31c.... When OC to 5 GHz @ 1.27v temps go crazy .. 80c-91c just running cinebench with extreme profile is set on the AIO cooler.

8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
gamersnom wrote:
ambient is about 30c - 31c

Looks about right for that high ambient temp...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Looks about right for that high ambient temp...

also maybe the cooler (kryonaut applied) isn't good enough to handle that cpu i think ,, at least in place where i live with such ambient...

thanks for responding Arne,.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
High ambient makes OCing tough...strictly a winter sport

Kryonaut is a very stiff paste...difficult to get a thin layer...I prefer PK-1...very easy to get thin layer and good contact...sometimes it not only about the W/m-C numbers

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

Kryonaut is a very stiff paste...difficult to get a thin layer...I prefer PK-1...very easy to get thin layer and good contact...sometimes it not only about the W/m-C numbers

agree. I test some ways to spread that, and the slower you spread it is better. I mean slowly. i make a thin layer enough to cover the marks of the cpu and aside a small dot on top of the dye that was a tip from a good friend of mine.

I have access to PK-1 but, here is hot VERY!. and grizzly and the new noctua doing fine. I am wattling the blue stuff from the king.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

I don't have access to that PK-1 paste in my country, i'm gonna try to use CP-7 which did a great job with my 9600k @4.9 GHz with H7 air cooler. and see if it makes any difference...

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Sounds ok with the ambient temp you have. Be noted. 5.0 with those temps idle. ambien temp is higher. since is 5c to 7C above If so YOU ARE GOOD to go. just try not pass 85/90C beside normal operation will not hit those C unless you render octane or stuff like that.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
Sounds ok with the ambient temp you have. Be noted. 5.0 with those temps idle. ambien temp is higher. since is 5c to 7C above If so YOU ARE GOOD to go. just try not pass 85/90C beside normal operation will not hit those C unless you render octane or stuff like that.

yeah,, i'm just gaming anyway.... just want to confirm that my setup is fine for daily usage...
btw, is it fine if temps stays at 62c-72c during gaming for hours??? mostly 70c..

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, it's good to experiment a bit with pastes and application...

Itzycharles wrote:
the slower you spread it is better. I mean slowly

definitely! I heated it and the CPU in the sun for a bit...if you take the time it's good...I just don't have the patience and it wasn't my best result for deltas

Itzycharles wrote:
I am wattling the blue stuff from the king.

Not sure what that means 😮 sounds very Breaking Bad Meth lab....