Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU
    hexaae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    549

    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    The panel overdrive issue. If nvidia is not interested in fixing this, good luck fixing it yourself.
    Yep… for some users it's unbearable, for others it's a minor issue, and some others don't even notice it (!)
    For me it's just an annoying defect, but even more tolerable than some horrible software blur effect implemented in many games and "visible" only when looking around (just like artificial blur makes things harder to focus).
    Last edited by hexaae; 06-27-2019 at 08:18 PM.

  2. #32
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU
    hexaae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    549

    @ASUS
    The MAJOR ISSUE is still present (current NVidia driver is 431.18), started with NVidia drivers 418.xx and still present up to 431.xx included. The laptops without Optimus (iGPU Intel switch) and NVidia vga only, randomly suffer BSODs when entering Sleep mode.
    The only workaround ATM is using drivers 416.94 or from 417.xx, 6 months old.
    Last edited by hexaae; 07-10-2019 at 07:47 AM.

  3. #33
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    339

    Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    The laptops without Optimus (iGPU Intel switch) and NVidia vga only, randomly suffer BSODs when entering Sleep mode.
    The only workaround ATM is using drivers 416.94 or from 417.xx, 6 months old.
    You mean all (asus) laptops with a dedicated nvidia gpu and no optimus? How can I replicate the issue, because mine never had a bsod except when I was messing around with cpu voltages. No optimus here because of gsync.

  4. #34
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU
    hexaae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    549

    Try installing latest NVidia drivers and see 1st message in this thread on how to configure Sleep idle timeout… Then you have to leave the laptop on and go away multiple times a day (should enter in Sleep mode after 15mins). Sometimes it should BSOD (and you'll find it at login screen just like if you had a reboot, so leave something open to understand it BSODded and rebooted). This may happen even after 3 days with multiple Sleep sessions a day.
    Do not manually enter Sleep because it won't BSOD, it happens only after timeout for unknown reasons.

    What's your laptop?

  5. #35
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    339

    Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    Try installing latest NVidia drivers and see 1st message in this thread on how to configure Sleep idle timeout… Then you have to leave the laptop on and go away multiple times a day (should enter in Sleep mode after 15mins). Sometimes it should BSOD (and you'll find it at login screen just like if you had a reboot, so leave something open to understand it BSODded and rebooted). This may happen even after 3 days with multiple Sleep sessions a day.
    Do not manually enter Sleep because it won't BSOD, it happens only after timeout for unknown reasons.

    What's your laptop?
    I'm on 431.18 right now. I'm not updating to the latest one yet(431.36) because it hurts performance for pascal users. I did what you suggested but it's still going strong. ~20hrs uptime so far. It's set to sleep after 30 minutes. It goes to sleep regularly, I would say like 2-3 times a day. Sometimes I leave it on the whole week no problem. This thing only had bsods when I was messing around with the cpu voltages. It's a gl502vsk.

  6. #36
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU
    hexaae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    549

    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    I'm on 431.18 right now. I'm not updating to the latest one yet(431.36) because it hurts performance for pascal users. I did what you suggested but it's still going strong. ~20hrs uptime so far. It's set to sleep after 30 minutes. It goes to sleep regularly, I would say like 2-3 times a day. Sometimes I leave it on the whole week no problem. This thing only had bsods when I was messing around with the cpu voltages. It's a gl502vsk.
    Keep testing please, on the NVidia site you'll read the same problem has been reproduced on some MSI and Razer laptops too, and different ASUS models. Can't be just a limited problem for "some users"... and 100% goes aways rolling back to 416 or 417 so there's a bug in the NVidia drivers for sure.

  7. #37
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    339

    Quote Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
    Keep testing please, on the NVidia site you'll read the same problem has been reproduced on some MSI and Razer laptops too, and different ASUS models. Can't be just a limited problem for "some users"... and 100% goes aways rolling back to 416 or 417 so there's a bug in the NVidia drivers for sure.
    I recon there's a bug in the drivers but I don't think it affects 100% of the users. Far from it, actually. Many people are reporting the issue but many, many more are doing just fine and are totally silent. I'll keep testing and I'll report back if anything weird happens.

  8. #38
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array hexaae PC Specs
    hexaae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS
    MotherboardIntel HM370 Cannon Lake-H
    Processori7-8750H
    Memory (part number)32GB DDR4 @2666MHz (dual-channel)
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Monitor1080p 144Hz 17" G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2
    Storage #11TB SSD Crucial MX300
    Storage #2NVMe Samsung PM916
    Mouse Microsoft PN7-00004 Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600
    Mouse Pad MouseRug collection
    Headset/Speakers Realtek HD (ALC295)
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 XBox One S Bluetooth Gamepad
    Accessory #2 Competition Pro USB arcade joystick SpeedLink SL-6603-SPORTS-EU
    hexaae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    24
    Posts
    549

    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    … many more are doing just fine and are totally silent.
    That's because:
    A) they use manual shutdown/lid down when they finish
    B) a lot have hybrid systems with Intel iGPU at desktop, which workarounds the NVidia issue of course

    Please, try setting: Screen Off: 10 min, Sleep: 45 min
    Last edited by hexaae; 07-13-2019 at 10:48 AM.

  9. #39
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    339

    Mine was set to turn off the screen after 10mins and sleep after 30mins. Changed it to 45mins if that makes any difference.
    It's going strong since Wednesday btw.

  10. #40
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Reputation
    45
    Posts
    339

    Update: Still no bsod. Had to restart it yesterday because I installed something that required a restart. It's been on for a little over a week now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •