cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the Poseidon GTX 1080ti water block work?

Sverre
Level 9
Is the water just streaming through a tube or is there some sort of similar system to the CPU blocks, with micro fins or whatever they are called? I probably have high restriction on my water flow, but there is, as far as I can understand, only one place to look, the CPU block, unless there's something special with the water block on the Poseidon.

I have 2 Aquastream Ultima pumps in series, a block on the Aquaero 6 XT (which is basically totally open), the MosFet block on the Maximus X Formula, an Aquacomputer Vision CPU block, 2 Poseidon GTX 1080 ti, and a Mo-Ra3 radiator. Total water loop length is about 3 meters. At normal pump speed (3550 rpm, because that's what gives the lowest noise level) I have around 20 l/h (hard to say because the flow meter only measures accurately down to 30 l/h) and at 5000 rpm it increases to around 50 l/h. This, in my experience is way too low, so I'm guessing on the CPU block being clogged, but I have no idea how the Poseidon water block functions, and if there could be any clogging there.
[/URL]
1 REPLY 1

Vlada011
Level 10
It's much harder for clogging than conventional waterblocks.
But it's not full cover block. Good thing is because Phanteks, Bitspower and EK blocks for ASUS Strix are compatible.

I want to enjoy in natural look of ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon until full cover block price drop to 70-80 euro.
Than I will switch on full cover, more to change look and to stay for some time.

Graphic cards manufacturers no reason to change so fast PCB layout of graphic cards when new series show up.
They could stay with similar layout and than same waterblock could be used on 2-3 generation.
I remember EK 780 Classy waterblock is compatible with

780 Classified
780Ti Classified
980 Classified
980Ti Classified
1080 Classified

... same EK CPU Block, full cover. That's amazing if all brands do that, special for cards like Strix.