cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick questions on my build

edub404
Level 7
I have a few ideas on my budget gaming rig and I would like to run my ideas over with some people that are not noobs like me. lol

M5A99XEVO
AMD FX6100
ANTEC 620w psu
CORSAIR VENGENCE 8gb ram

My question to you guys and gals is this a good setup, and i am a bit confused on if I should get a gtx550ti or a gtx460 or a ATI card for around the same price because i do plan on sli/crossfiring in the next 2 months or so and I will be using a 32" monitor.
MOBO - Crosshair V Formula
CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 980 BE 4.2 😄 overclock
COOLER - H60 PUSH PULL
RAM - 8GB G.Skill RIPJAWS X
GPU - HD 6870x2
HDD - 1tb
PSU - Rosewill 630 This PSU is GREAT
CASE - Coolermaster Enforcer
OS - Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit

Simple But Gets The Job Done:cool:
6 REPLIES 6

trailer_park_bo
Level 7
well for the extra 20 dollars i would go with the sabertooth but the m5a99xevo looks like a good board.and that psu, it appears that it only has one 6pin pciE and one 8pin pciE,a single 460 requires 2 6pin

The psu is fine i believe because the cards come with what looks like a molex to what ever the card uses,if im not mistaken. and i agree with you on the mother board so i might go for the crosshair v or the sabertooth. it depends on how long my patience can last to finish lol
COOLER - H60 PUSH PULL
GPU - HD 6870x2
HDD - 1tb

trailer_park_bo
Level 7
ya what am i thinking molex to 6pin adapter,LOL the sabertooth has dual x16 pciE slots for sli.so does the crosshair v.Also the asus Direct core cards run really cool and quiet ,Make sure your ram is from the QVL

The ram will be from corsiar. One last question from my first post what graphics card should i go with?
COOLER - H60 PUSH PULL
GPU - HD 6870x2
HDD - 1tb

edub404 wrote:
The ram will be from corsiar. One last question from my first post what graphics card should i go with?
well from one review i saw about sli 550ti it says it will beat the 560 easy,2 460 sli are supposed to beat a 570, and personally i would get a 570 because of the memory size 1250mb vs 1gb and sli can have issues not saying its a bad idea to sli. you might have a hard time finding matching 460 cards they are getting rare

thanks for your help and i think i will go with a amd 6000 series for gpu
COOLER - H60 PUSH PULL
GPU - HD 6870x2
HDD - 1tb