cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to switch off rtx 2060 strix power leds?

vistascape
Level 7
my thread got removed dont know why?

im trying again.

how can i switch off rtx 2060 strix power leds? its disturbing my sleep.
6 REPLIES 6

MoKiChU
Level 40
vistascape wrote:

im trying again.

Hi,

You can't.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You can't.

This. But you can use something like this or this to hide it.

Regards

thank u.

r u sure that liquid tape wont harm my gpu?

very bad from rog's side that they didnt make it possible to switch of those damn lights.

vistascape wrote:
thank u.

r u sure that liquid tape wont harm my gpu?

very bad from rog's side that they didnt make it possible to switch of those damn lights.

Hey.

You should only use electrical tape.
Usually, you can find the voltage information with which you should use it on the tape.
For example this one can be used up to 6000V (high voltage), which should be totally okay and not harm your GPU.

Edit. PS:
I also used the one above and its totally fine. Im not really a fan of the liquid, because this change will be permanent, but you can also use it. Just take a look at the max voltage of the tape before using it.

Best regards

i used this one:

Made of soft, elastic PVC. Good all-round tape for insulation, winding, splicing, bundling etc. Thickness: 0.18 mm.
Tensile strength: 22 N / cm
Extensibility: 200%
Steel adhesion: 1.5 N / cm
Impact strength: 6 kV
Temperature resistance: -15 ° C to +50 ° C
Complies with EN 60454-3-12: 2006

Mr_Bubbles
Level 7
vistascape wrote:

im trying again.

are you talking about the strix RGB leds or the GPU's power on led (the green one)

if you are talking about rgb leds you can simply turn it off from asus strix software but if you say about the power led you cant you only can switch off your psu from behind when you close your pc while you're not using it and turn it on again but i dont reccomend that cuz it may harm your PSU in long time you can cover your case with black sheet or something like that dont tape your gpu the tape may melt in time while working .