cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant OC anymore after update to BIOS 2008 CH VII

jpsgaming
Level 8
Hi there, Please help 😞

My system was great until I just updated to BIOS 2008.

I did install the latest chipset drivers from the Asus site.

After the BIOS flash I went back and setup my DRAM settings etc. And enabled Level 2 in the performance enhancer.

I booted and ran a cinebench test. It dropped almost 500 points.

According to HWINFO cores are capping at 3.9

So I opened Ryzen master. I never use it but wanted to see what it said.

Its showing that the TDC and EDC are capped. TDC is 95A capped of a possible 114A and EDC is 140A of a possible 168A

This used to change to max for each one when setting level 2 performance enhancer in the BIOS allowing higher clocks rates and everything.

So as a test I set it to Level 3 performance enhancer. Other then more voltage going through my CPU the above limits still remain.

I did a CMOS reset etc and tried again...nothing.

Is BIOS 2008 broken?
3 REPLIES 3

xeizo
Level 12
jpsgaming wrote:
Hi there, Please help 😞

My system was great until I just updated to BIOS 2008.

I did install the latest chipset drivers from the Asus site.

After the BIOS flash I went back and setup my DRAM settings etc. And enabled Level 2 in the performance enhancer.

I booted and ran a cinebench test. It dropped almost 500 points.

According to HWINFO cores are capping at 3.9

So I opened Ryzen master. I never use it but wanted to see what it said.

Its showing that the TDC and EDC are capped. TDC is 95A capped of a possible 114A and EDC is 140A of a possible 168A

This used to change to max for each one when setting level 2 performance enhancer in the BIOS allowing higher clocks rates and everything.

So as a test I set it to Level 3 performance enhancer. Other then more voltage going through my CPU the above limits still remain.

I did a CMOS reset etc and tried again...nothing.

Is BIOS 2008 broken?

Yes, some options are missing, there is already a beta bios for the Prime board where this is corrected. It will be official soon and come to CH7 as well.

Until then, you can use Ryzen Master and change those values, it works perfectly fine just a extra step to go through each boot.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

jpsgaming
Level 8
I actually flashed back to the previous BIOS and everything is working fine again. Guess Ill wait for the fixed version before attempting an update again.

jpsgaming wrote:
I actually flashed back to the previous BIOS and everything is working fine again. Guess Ill wait for the fixed version before attempting an update again.
what bios version are you using? Ive been having a bad time lol. Heard it worked so flashed to the latest. Very Bad Idea. I am only now back up and running as I was before touching anything. I had high voltages, lower clocks, iCUE still sucked etc/etc. Wish I never did anything lol. What corsair gear do you use and what usb ports are they plugged into? I think the USB ports seem to play some sort of a role in it. AIO coolers seem the worst affected also. anything you can add and make me aware of (hacks etc) would be applreciated. My Corsair gear = K68 keyboard Dark core SE Mouse RMi1000 PSU MM1000 qi charmge mouse pad I also used to use their LL and HD120 fans but the nightmare they were causing forced me to remove them. I have only managed to get ****house Coolermaster fans working properly... but man they rattle like hell. Total garbage. Anyway, Thanks for your help Regards, Tunza Down Unda