cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1070 ROG Strix from 2016 Questions.

Akiro1337
Level 7
So I have asked some questions about my 1070 over the time, but this time I feel like i might have clogged my GPU.
Since last I have dropped my cigarettes and are vaping (I never smoked inside, i vape inside)
And then I have cleaned my GPU, but not much dust actually came out from my cleaning. My problem now is though.
Before I cleaned my GPU in PUBG while scoping into a smoke grenade i was around 63-64 Degress C And now i almost instantly hits 65-69 degress C
Before in Dota i was usually around 58 Degress, now it doesn't bother to get 62 degress.
There is some dust on the fanblades, but I wouldn't think that would actually do something performance wise.
My question is now; Did the vaping actually harm my GPU that much that i cleaned it, it got worse?
My card is from september 16. and most games i play are actually resticited frames (70-120) most are on lowest settings as well.
Also what could I do to get my GPU back to the normal temps again what i saw in reviews around 65C at max.
5 REPLIES 5

Akiro1337
Level 7
Anyone? Help

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi Akiro1337

Not sure what help there is to be offered here

The temps you list could just be a small variation in ambient temperature.

Of course vaping next to your PC is a bad idea...all fine particulate matter, especially humid or sticky, is going to damage electronics in the long run.

Make sure the cooler is firmly mounted to the PCB...maybe remove cooler and repaste? You could remove cooler and wash it...but you would have to know what you are doing...

Stop smoking/vaping is my best advice;)

Akiro1337
Level 7
Thanks for answer Arne.
It isn't Ambient change the ambient is the same as it always has been.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Here is a teardown video if you wanted to repaste...

cljustin
Level 8
Try changing your fan curve and see if that helps.