cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard only powers on after POST can’t access BIOS with keyboard

Thomas_extreme_
Level 8
I had updated the BIOS to 0903 using EZ Update in AI Suite 3 but, then after BIOS update, keyboard would only power on after POST, showing ROG logo and circling white dots, causing me to not be able to access BIOS. I have already rolled back to BIOS 0805 but, no use.☹️ Any and all help will be appreciated!
Thanks!*
6 REPLIES 6

SK8
Level 10
I don't flash my bios like that in fact after I went to bios 602 I removed all the Asus programs to make sure it was not mucking up my sound on my Sennhiser gear :} How I do my bios is by using the usb bios flash back on the back of the MB see page 2-16 of your MB book. I have always done my bios this way since I got my first extreme MB ...Rampage Extreme V. Once step 6 is done / no more flashing light then turn on PC and let it do its thing and as the norm it will turn on and off a few times just let it fully do its thing. Then you should be able to get into bios.

You may need to use a HDMI cable on your screen as well to get into bios after the bios update is done as I do as my DP cable is always a no go since we did this build 😕 Once in bios then I go into boot area and set it up correct for me then into windows then I change back to my DP cable lol.

I would try bios 602 yes its old but it is stable. Edit bios 805 gave me nothing but issues

EDIT.......ahh just seen the part on the STRAFE RGB yes I also had this issue as well I had to hook up a old Logitech keyboard to get into bios until I bought the K-70 Corsair keyboard. My STRAFE RGB was always a no go as well. I took my husbands keyboard lol K-70 Corsair keyboard and could get into bios so needless to say I bought one lol.
Bios 602 and did a bios update doh
passed 8hr test on Karhu RamTest
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
CPU System Agent Voltage 1.29v
Dram timing control 17-18-18-38
Mode1
Dram command rate set to 2N set dram current capability to 130%

SK8 wrote:
I don't flash my bios like that in fact after I went to bios 602 I removed all the Asus programs to make sure it was not mucking up my sound on my Sennhiser gear :} How I do my bios is by using the usb bios flash back on the back of the MB see page 2-16 of your MB book. I have always done my bios this way since I got my first extreme MB ...Rampage Extreme V. Once step 6 is done / no more flashing light then turn on PC and let it do its thing and as the norm it will turn on and off a few times just let it fully do its thing. Then you should be able to get into bios.

You may need to use a HDMI cable on your screen as well to get into bios after the bios update is done as I do as my DP cable is always a no go since we did this build 😕 Once in bios then I go into boot area and set it up correct for me then into windows then I change back to my DP cable lol.

I swould try bios 602 yes its old but it is stable. Edit bios 805 gave me nothing but issues

Thanks! I will try to flash back to 0602 when I get home!
Thanks ! I will update after I flash back to 0602*

I would say if you got into bios with it after the rig was set up the first time it should not be a issue.
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
Mode1

SK8 wrote:
I would say if you got into bios with it after the rig was set up the first time it should not be a issue.

Turned on pc when when it was still on BIOS 0805 and keyboard worked after a few seconds of turning on and I was able to access BIOS. I went to 0602 BIOS anyway since it was suggested. Should I update BIOS to 0903 or stay on 0602? Keyboard works by the way and I can access BIOS.

SK8
Level 10
I did a edit reg keyboard as I had same issue my bad I did not see it at first and you need to see this before you do your bios to be safe.... just seen the part on the STRAFE RGB yes I also had this issue as well I had to hook up a old Logitech keyboard to get into bios until I bought the K-70 Corsair keyboard. My STRAFE RGB was always a no go as well. I took my husbands keyboard lol K-70 Corsair keyboard and could get into bios so needless to say I bought one lol.
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
Mode1

SK8 wrote:
I did a edit reg keyboard as I had same issue my bad I did not see it at first and you need to see this before you do your bios to be safe.... just seen the part on the STRAFE RGB yes I also had this issue as well I had to hook up a old Logitech keyboard to get into bios until I bought the K-70 Corsair keyboard. My STRAFE RGB was always a no go as well. I took my husbands keyboard lol K-70 Corsair keyboard and could get into bios so needless to say I bought one lol.

I do not have the Corsair Strafe keyboard, I have a ROG Horus Gk2000 RGB keyboard, I do not have another one is that going to be a problem? Also please check my system specs they are on the left side underneath my name for more info about my system.
Thanks!*