ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS
i7-7700HQ,
16GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 1070 8GB DDR5

Bios Version 308

Laptop purchased on 2018-06-06.
Description of the problem:
- I set the correct time in Bios.
- I turn off my laptop and turn off the power supply.
- After about 15 minutes I turn on again. Time is delayed not correct, eg 10:00 instead of 10:10, the date is correct.

Some time ago I was updating the BIOS to version 308.
I did not notice whether the problems with time appeared immediately after this update.
There is no information when running the laptop that the CMOS battery is damaged or discharged.

Time zone in Windows 10 set correctly.
Each time the correct time is set in the system or BIOS the next day the time is incorrect.
The date will change at most one day, depending on the clock's delay.

Please help 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

davemon50
Level 11
otolaswnas wrote:

- I set the correct time in Bios.

Set time in Windows. Not just time zone. Use "automatic".
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Set time in Windows. Not just time zone. Use "automatic".

Each time the correct time is set in the system (Windows) or BIOS the next day the time is incorrect.

davemon50
Level 11
There's only 2 other things I could see, one is CMOS battery replacement is needed, and the other is roll back to a different BIOS and check the time sync in BIOS on startup. It's a stretch but could also be a virus, since they sometimes use the system clock as a trigger.
Davemon50

davemon50 thank you.
I tried to upload an older BIOS, but the current BIOS version does not allow it. Is there another way to do this?
Could you give me detailed instructions on how to do it?

davemon50
Level 11
Download the Winflash utility from your laptop's website. It's under the Support section > Drivers & Tools > BIOS-Utilities. Install it in it's default location, then try running it first to see if it will allow you to roll back the version. If it does not allow, then use the following instructions in THIS POST, written by JustinThyme, it's well done.

Do not download the version of Winflash from that thread, it is for a different laptop and may not be the same. Download from your own support page.
Davemon50

Bringing back the BIOS version did not help. I give the laptop to be repaired for service. Thank you for your help davemon50. Greetings

davemon50
Level 11
No problem. But then you never changed the battery, should've been one of your stops along the way.
Davemon50