cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD Screen - Internal crack?

Retired
Not applicable
I accidentally dropped my microphone, pretty heavy thing, on my laptop screen, not a direct drop on the screen, it happened on the bottom right corner. It barely skimmed the surface but caused enough pressure to cause some sort of "internal crack" and now my screen is all white with distorted rainbow-ish colors of lines...

It appears that the outside screen is fine, no cracks, but it looks like there is one internally because of the pressure. Any way to fix this without having to send it away? 😕 It's an Asus-G73jh-x3

It still functions, but I cannot see anything because my screen is completely white with the "internal crack" on the bottom right corner.
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
you can go here and try to repair it yourself. http://www.screentekinc.com/search-lcd-screen.shtml?lcds_product=asus+g73

i think your notebook has ADW the accidental warranty program

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you Brian. It does have the warranty thing. I haven't activated it yet since I bough it back in October... Is it too late?

Also, how do I ship it off to them? To have it fixed. I bough it from Tiger Direct.com

Do I UPS or FedEX or something. It's my first time having to deal with something like this and I don't want to make an error.