cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL553-VE GeForce 1050Ti BSOD, Error Code 43

jerek_
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I've got ASUS ROG GL553-VE Laptop and have issue with my NVidia card.
I have searched in thos and NVidia's forum and tried, I think, every possible solution but nothing helps.

First, about 2 weeks ago I started to have BSOD screens with erros:
1. VIDEO SCHELUDER INTERNAL ERROR
2. VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)
3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Second, from then until now in Hardware Manager my 1050Ti is disabled with code 43.

I updated BIOS to ver. 3.07 from ASUS wesite.

I've tried to uninstall drivers wih DDU (both Intel and NVidia), and reinstall them with many versions (377,05, 382,53, 399,24, 4xx.xx (from NVidia and ASUS website).
I used factory reset and graphic card work for couple of hours. But when I tried launch games like Witcher 3, then boom, BSOD (mostly TDR Failure)

I sent laptop to my local ASUS Service (I'm from Poland), but they send me back with report:
Problem/Symptom: Test ok
Repair Code: Cannot duplicate the symptom, and update Software/ Firmware/ BIOS
Replaced parts: none
End test positive: Yes

But problem still persist.
After that, I blocked manually Widnows Update and Drivers Update, and had Factory Reset with drivers from ESupport folder. I changed power managament to maximum performance in Intel graphic settings and system power settings. Laptop worked fo 1 day. From Saturday I have again code 43 error in hardware manager and 1050Ti is disabled.

I don't know what else I cand do.

Thanks for your help.
19 REPLIES 19

TimeLion724
Level 8
The reason for the BSOD you're experiencing is because your GPU is going to sleep and it switches to your onboard VGA, and wen it tries to revert back to your GPU is cause the BSOD.

The ONLY fix is in your GPU settings.

1. Right-Click your Nvidia Icon on the notification bar.

2. Select the Nvidia Control Panel

3. Select Manage 3D settings

4. Select Global Settings Tab

5. Navigate to "Power Management Mode" and select "Prefer Maximum Performance"

" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

Thanks for advice. But for now I can't acces to Nvidia's Control panel, because i have Code 43 in hardware management and card is disabled. I don't have Nvidia's options under right mouse button.
If there be some miracle, and Windows will get geforce active i will do that.

jerek_ wrote:
Thanks for advice. But for now I can't acces to Nvidia's Control panel, because i have Code 43 in hardware management and card is disabled. I don't have Nvidia's options under right mouse button.
If there be some miracle, and Windows will get geforce active i will do that.

You should just do a full reformat, and don't install the "ASUS Live Update Utility".

1) Chipset
2) Intel MEI drivers

Ok. If I understand correctly, I have to download clean install of Windows from ms site, then install drivers. First chipset, second mei and the rest except live update utility? I will try that to It's 11 pm in my country.

jerek_ wrote:
Ok. If I understand correctly, I have to download clean install of Windows from ms site, then install drivers. First chipset, second mei and the rest except live update utility? I will try that to It's 11 pm in my country.

Yes.

TimeLion724 wrote:
You should just do a full reformat, and don't install the "ASUS Live Update Utility".

1) Chipset
2) Intel MEI drivers

I've tried do what You said, but nothing changed.

I had download clean Windows image from MS site, installed Chipset, MEI and Intel graphic drivers, and when I installed Nvidia drivers then immediately Code 43 in hardware manager appears.

I have the same issue on Windows 10 1809, 1803 and 1709 version.

I just can't make GeForce work propertly. Still have Code 43 error. Even if I do a factory reset with ASUS image.

And I'm thinking, maybe this is problem with drivers version. Could You tell me what version Intel and NVidia drivers You have?

hi, ive got this this same gpu problem with my gl553vd and dont know what to do, ive tried everything said in this thread but nothing, still no gpu :(:(:(:(:(

Well. strange thing was happened.

I restored my system from image, which I made before first factory reset.
Still have code 43 (it's not strange, because I had this error before).

Then I used laptop from battery for about half an hour, came back to home, plug in laptop to power source and GeForce starded work!
So, immadietly i went to NVidia options and switch to maximum performance, and the same for Intel's card.

Launched 3D game, and after about 3 minutes... BSOD... VIDEO SCHELUDER INTERNAL ERROR...
After restart again Code 43

jerek_ wrote:
Well. strange thing was happened.

I restored my system from image, which I made before first factory reset.
Still have code 43 (it's not strange, because I had this error before).

Then I used laptop from battery for about half an hour, came back to home, plug in laptop to power source and GeForce starded work!
So, immadietly i went to NVidia options and switch to maximum performance, and the same for Intel's card.

Launched 3D game, and after about 3 minutes... BSOD... VIDEO SCHELUDER INTERNAL ERROR...
After restart again Code 43

Maybe you can try installing an old driver for your GPU through "Device Manager" and then trying to update to the latest driver, just make sure that you restart your laptop after every installation.