ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

R4E Motherboard items not identified

I've been coming to this forum for about two months and reading up on issues being reported by those using the R4E motherboard. Almost all of the components I've decided to order have arrived.

Reading the "User Guide" that came in the motherboard box (version E6797) and the one I downloaded from the web site (version E6989) I find I have a question concerning motherboard items not identified or referenced in either guide.

Looking at figure 2.2.1 Motherboard layout and the actual motherboard itself I found two connectors not mentioned in either guide.

Orienting the motherboard as shown in figure 2.2.1, at the bottom of the board and starting from the left there are reference numbers 25, 2, 3, 2, and then a connector of ten pins that are not labelled on the motherboard or identified in the guides. Going to the upper right of the motherboard and to the left of the Start button, item 12, and above the upper VGA Hotwire connector there as a three pin connector not labelled on the motherboard or identified in the guides.

What are these two connectors for? (It would be nice to know so that I can edit my guides with the appropriate information.)

Thanks

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Please take a photo of the motherboard showing the second ten pin near the power button. I have not been able to find it on my motherboard.

The first is I suspect a simple comms port for diagnostics test equipment. Will ask the engineers for you.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I don't think taking a picture of the motherboard is necessary; plus I don't have a suitable camera.

If you would look at Figure 2.2.1 Motherboard layout along the bottom: item 25 points to front panel audio connector, move right; item 2 points to CHA-FAN3, move right; item 3 points to OPT_TEMP2, move right; item 2 points to OPT_FAN2, move right; a horizontally oriented rectangular box divide vertically into five smaller rectangles is shown which is the ten pin connector I mentioned (right above this connector are the words OPT_FAn2 with a line going down to the left pointing to item 2 OPT_FAN2).

The other connector in question is three pins - to the left of the Start button.

I guess chief talks about these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8wdl.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	6168

these makes me wonder too.

BTW chief one jpeg is worth 1000 words:-)

Well, these ten pins can be neat addition for these who wants to go even deeper on tinkering with their mb, 10 pin jtag for everyone from engineers? ;-)

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefZeke View Post
    I don't think taking a picture of the motherboard is necessary;
    All good mate. That is your call.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks to sigtrm - the red arrows are pointing to the connectors I asked about.

Super Moderator Array

one use of arrow 1 on the top right

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1580