cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help with win8/win10 fresh install

Eldarin
Level 7
Hello community! after 5 years of rocking it on my RIVBE, one of my RAID drives locked up, and it is time for a fresh install. I have been fighting the good fight, but i still can not get the install to complete. Both win8 and win10 refuse to load. i have accomplished a few things. i did get the bios upgraded to 801(modded by a forum member for win10). i can consistently get to the start of the installation files, but both win8 and win10 crash around 20% inflated. I know i need the latest MEI, but i do not know how to run the executable without an operating system. the processor is a i7-4930k, 32gb of ram. it has been a great system and i hate to lose it now. any help, pointers, links etc would be greatly appreciated. Also, any known good BIOS settings would be a big help.
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
Have you run memtest on the memory modules? Corrupted memory may have been what corrupted your RAID array and it would also cause issues with your install.

If you just want to test a full Windows install without the setup process you can use a program called WintoUSB. It will create an install of Windows on a USB drive. Be aware that it's extremely slow but it works.
https://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Eldarin
Level 7
memory checks out ok. i removed 2 of 4 modules, as well as swapped them around. the 2 memory modules are in slots B1 and D1, per the manual. 8gb each. The RAID drive was an SSD that froze. it showed bad during the bootup sequence at the cntrl-I step (raid).

Johnnie
Level 10
Hello Eldarin,

Maybe You can try "Asus Secure Erase SSD" from BIOS?
And one TIP more. I just bought Rampage VI Extreme Omega. And was problem with installation Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build. Its has conflict with LAN Adapters, so before installation, You need to disable all Your network adapters from BIOS.

Best regards,
Johnnie

Eldarin
Level 7
disable the network adapters, thats a good tip, thank you. i have erased the new SSDs a few times in my trials, as well as reformat them every time i get to the install screen. the faults i need to eliminate are: "IRQL not less than or equal"; "page fault in nonpaged area"; things that make me think i need to get the MEI updated.

Johnnie
Level 10
Hello Eldarin,

Sorry for delay. It is very interesting. "IRQL not less than or equal" - Its something about RAM or Motherboard. Maybe You can try to disable "Cache memory" at BIOS? About "Page fault in nonpaged area" - it was about AI Suite 3 for me. When i uninstall AI Suite, all was good.

Best regards,
Johnnie