cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2080 Ti Strix OC problems.

axiumone
Level 11
I've was recently switching cases and noticed that both of my strix cards are weeping oil. On both cards there's oil residue around the fans on shroud of the card. Has anyone noticed anything like that on their cards?

Also, it seems like one of the fans started failing and started vibrating more than the others. Dealing with support is going to be so much fun. :mad:
4 REPLIES 4

panzlock
Level 12
That's the lubricating fluid. Those fans are done. RMA.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
That's the lubricating fluid. Those fans are done. RMA.

Damn, that sucks to hear. Especially after such a short period of time.

cljustin
Level 8
axiumone wrote:
I've was recently switching cases and noticed that both of my strix cards are weeping oil. On both cards there's oil residue around the fans on shroud of the card. Has anyone noticed anything like that on their cards?

Also, it seems like one of the fans started failing and started vibrating more than the others. Dealing with support is going to be so much fun. :mad:

We’re sorry to hear your cards are leaking oil. Have you already initiated a RMA with support? Send me a PM or email at cl-justin@asus.com with your contact info and serial number so we can expedite the RMA process. We’d like to further analyze your units to avoid these types of issues in the future.

danielchow
Level 7
axiumone wrote:

I recently faced the same problem with my new 2080 Ti strix oc which I got from an RMA. It started squirting oil everywhere in my case and I noticed it on the side TG panel first. Sent it in for another RMA. The oil seems to be coming from the fan bearing.