cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF FX705GM - Faulty Trackpad or Cheap design?

ClarkyGamer
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I've recently received delivery of my new Asus TUF FX705GM. (https://www.ebuyer.com/859434-asus-tuf-fx705gm-gaming-laptop-fx705gm-ew019t

I'm wondering if anyone else has this model and have an issue with the trackpad... I'm not sure yet if it is faulty, or just poor design. The only way I can describe the issue is that the trackpad feels somewhat loose, and when placing a finger on it it feels as if it has a "half press" before the click of the trackpad.

This means when using tap to click rather than actually clicking, you can hear a tapping noise whilst moving around and using the trackpad.

Really annoyed, as I have a feeling this isn't faulty but poor design. Which for just shy of £1000 is very disappointing.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

ATG-Tech
Level 7
ClarkyGamer wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've recently received delivery of my new Asus TUF FX705GM. (https://www.ebuyer.com/859434-asus-tuf-fx705gm-gaming-laptop-fx705gm-ew019t

I'm wondering if anyone else has this model and have an issue with the trackpad... I'm not sure yet if it is faulty, or just poor design. The only way I can describe the issue is that the trackpad feels somewhat loose, and when placing a finger on it it feels as if it has a "half press" before the click of the trackpad.

This means when using tap to click rather than actually clicking, you can hear a tapping noise whilst moving around and using the trackpad.

Really annoyed, as I have a feeling this isn't faulty but poor design. Which for just shy of £1000 is very disappointing.

Thanks

I have exactly the same issue but with an FX505DU. I even often get rattling/vibrating sounds from the touchpad when I'm typing on the keyboard. Many other people seem to be complaining as well. I checked some other similar laptops at shops and the FX505DV and DY felt more solid, yet it's the same laptop with different hardware. Any clue?

Hello, on 2019 i have bought a Flagship Premium 2019 Asus TUF FX705GM, and since the first day i noticed the same issue, my touchpad suddenly stops working for a few seconds, and it clicks randomly, and when i make movement with my finger in the touchpad, the pointer moves and stop, moves and stop, moves and stop.

I updated all drivers, reinstalled windows with hard disk reset, i change for an SSD disk, and im still with this problem, i been several times in touch with ASUS customer service, and they didnt know how to fix this.

Another thing is that even using an external mouse, i suffer this.

Anyone could fix this?

Thanks
Fabrizio