Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    You need a SPI Flash programmer with a soic8 test clip to extract and flash your bios chip. It doesn't work with nvflash. Editing the bios file is pretty straight forward.

So I can't just extract my bios with GPUZ and work with that?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwingZxZ View Post
    So I can't just extract my bios with GPUZ and work with that?
    Unfortunately, no. Even if you could, you would still need a SPI programmer to dump your bios chip and reflash in case things went south.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    Unfortunately, no. Even if you could, you would still need a SPI programmer to dump your bios chip and reflash in case things went south.

Thanks bro

New ROGer Array

My GL704GW dead after 8 months, anyone else has any issue at all? was used as a desktop replacement,
    sent back for rma, but parts not easy to get atm

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cambo84 View Post
    My GL704GW dead after 8 months, anyone else has any issue at all? was used as a desktop replacement,
    sent back for rma, but parts not easy to get atm
    my 704gw last year dead after 1 month from buy... they replaced motherboard on rma. And now have some other problem (battery that goes to 0%, rma too, changed battery and problem is still here... i love the laptop but is totally unreliable over times. For my luck when i buyed last year i just extended warranty to 3 years just to stay safe...)

New ROGer Array

somehow related and unrelated question

Hi Khuloud,
    seeing that you have the same laptop version I have, I feel the need to ask you a question..
    Does the "Manual" mode work in you Armoury Crate software? I mean in a sense that it shows actual tweaking options, rather than a mere fan speed slider.
    And do you have a 144Hz Panel by any chance? if so, does the "Panel Overdrive" option work in Armoury Crate?
    On my Laptop it only lets me set fan speeds, and not even map them, only a slider.
    I remember it used to give me a few more options than now (however after I reinstalled the software they were gone)..
    If it does work properly, would you mind sharing the config files with me?
    they're in the "C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ArmouryCrateConfig"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3