cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair motherboard downloads removed from website

DR_777_777
Level 7
I know the original CROSSHAIR motherboard is rather old now, but I am still using one in my backup system and want to keep using it for an audio system going forward also, it has a native PCI slot for the audio card. But when I upgrade to Windows 10 64bit after Windows 7 ends early next year I may want to download some of the drivers.

ASUS whether intentionally or just in error when they changed the website, have removed all of the downloads from the support page for the CROSSHAIR, there are only a few BIOS files (but no tool to upload the BIOS file to the motherboard) and the Qualified Vendor list for some reason.

For any motherboard you are using be sure to archive all of the download files since you never know when ASUS will cleanse them from their support website. It must be very expensive for them to store all of those huge files on their servers.

Does anyone have an archive or know of a mirror site that has the download files for the CROSSHAIR motherboard?
4 REPLIES 4

TimeLion724
Level 8
Don't know if there are any other mirrored websites for the driver downloads, but I do know it is a known problem, cause even the laptop drivers website; the download links are also missing.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

DR_777_777
Level 7
In this case after selecting DOS for the operating system I did find the Award flash bios utility. And gradually choosing all of the other older operating systems I was able to download some of the other drivers. Not sure if they have been added since I first started contacting them or if they were always there, but I thought that I checked all those originally. Anyway, sounds like ASUS really needs to create a bullet-proof system for their web team to always maintain all of the downloads in perpetuity for all of their products even as they make changes and modifications to their website over the years. This isn't asking too much. Most companies end up having some sort of Discontinued or Legacy section if they don't want to keep everything in the current section, it is still there however for those who want or need it.

TimeLion724
Level 8
Maybe they took the download links off so you would have to use the "ASUS live updates" to find all your drivers.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

DR_777_777
Level 7
Most software updating, especially of any sort of BIOS program, is best handled manually as far as I am concerned. If even just to always know what is going on, maybe you end up installing the same updates but you see it first. There are people who are non-technical and don't want to be bothered with it so perhaps the automatic updating programs are good for them, and it probably then saves ASUS a lot of tech support calls. But searching just now it looks like there was a recent security breach with the live update system. So there is a price to pay for the convenience of automatic updates.