cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix X470-F Gaming does not work with 4 RAM modules

Sigfried
Level 7
Good night, a couple of weeks ago I had problems with my video card and I took it to warranty and today they called me to tell me that it was damaged and they exchanged it for a new one. When I connected this new GPU to the motherboard and turned on the PC, the screen was black without giving me the option to enter the BIOS, all the components turned on but without giving video, I looked out to see the motherboard and the LED indicator of the RAM was on. I turned off and removed two of them (of slots 1 and 3) and I turned on again and loaded the system, I did some tests and everything fine, then I turned off the equipment to test the other modules I removed and these also work, I turned off again and moved the memories to slots 1 and 3 that were empty before and when I turned on I got a message from the motherboard that said that if I kept the memories in that place the system would be unstable, I entered and left the BIOS and the system loaded without problem.

Why now the motherboard doesn't want to work with all four modules together? What goes from the year until before the GPU problem worked well and at 3200Mhz with the D.O.C.P enabled.

The motherboard is an Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming with BIOS 4207, Ryzen 7 2700X processor, RAM are 2 kits 2x8GB (32GB in total) G.Skill TridentZ RGB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR). Thank you for your help.
3 REPLIES 3

Legolas
Level 9
The ram can not work with 4 RAM modules, because the F4-3200C16D-16GTZR works only as 2x8GB module. Due to chip variations, timing differences, it will not work properly.
I suggest you to use 2x8GB of same kit or get 4x8GB of the Gskill. Hope it helps.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Hi, I've already solved the problem. I just had to remove the battery from the motherboard for a few minutes, and then manually enter the values into the BIOS for the four sticks to work at 3200Mhz. So far so good. There was no need to change or buy new RAM.

Thanks.

tk1842
Level 7
Hi, i have same problem. My items is ROG Strix x470-f gaming motherboard, Ryzen 7 2700x, Ram G-Skill Trident F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (4 modules). what is a Bios settings?

Thanks