cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive problems using Asus Gtx 580 Matrix and GPU Tweak

Badt
Level 7
Hi there,
i have massive problems using the Asus GPU Tweak Tool with my 580 Matrix. have tried the versions 2.0 and 2.0.3

1.) if i save a profile with "user define" fan speed and load this profile on startup it sets me the fan on 0% and it is not possible to controll it until i press the default button...but when i load the profile the same is happening again

2.) The monitoring tool shows me some temperature spikes, that are impossible...like 130°C GPU temp but only for one sec.

3.) sometime the monitor just stop monitoring

is there any thing i could do to make the tool run better ?
26 REPLIES 26

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes you could list your full system specifications and tell me if you are running any other graphic adjustment applications, or have them installed on your system.

I have the same card as do many folks here and nothing like that has ever happened my side. If have more information I could try and duplicate and that way find a solution for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

my specs:
I5 2500k @ 4,2Ghz
AsRock Extreme 4 P67
Asus 580 Matrx
X-Fi Fatality
Win7 x64

yeah i'm running afterburner in the background for monitoring on my G15 display.

i've read in the suggestions thread that some useres have the same problem like i do @ 1.)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Remove Afterburner.

Job done - I hope 🙂

Never have two applications running at the same time that are using the same sensors.

Not for a GPU and not for a motherboard either.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

but i love my afterburner 😄 ... i'll give it a try...thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL

you can use AB for the Matrix I did for ages. Still do on my one setup.

yeah but in afterburner i can't change the fan controll...thats why i started to use Asus Tweak tool. hope the new release of the asus tool get some G15 monitoring support then everything would be fine 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah you see I just use the big red button for my fan. It is either 100% or default.

Try without the AB and let me know please.

ahhh the big red button...the extreme way of manual fan controll 😄

AB is unistalled now...but monitoring tool is still reading false...see here

by the way...the AB and gpu tool are reading the true values...donts looks so weird there.

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL yeah - 100% when gaming and then off when not. Profile 1 for the gaming win I say.