cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith Extreme - No boot !

fabriceG
Level 7
I just put my new motherboard. But I have trouble when i start.

My question is: What is the minimum connectivity to achieve to observe a sign of life of the motherboard? Is the 24 and 2x8 pin + only the cpu pressing the "START" on the motherboard to observe a light or the OLED screen?

I only have the RGB of the card and the buttons "start" and "reset" light. And nothing changes when pressing "START".
11 REPLIES 11

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
To boot the pc you need all power connections...ram...gpu...cpu(cooled)...monitor will help see what's happening...

The minimum sign of life is connecting psu to board and seeing lights...start button etc. But that wont boot...of course

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
To boot the pc you need all power connections...ram...gpu...cpu(cooled)...monitor will help see what's happening...

The minimum sign of life is connecting psu to board and seeing lights...start button etc. But that wont boot...of course

The pc don't boot with all connections. So i try to find the trouble with the minimum of connecting.
I think that if i have only CPU (no RAM, no gpu, etc...) when i press "start" on the motherboard i will have at least the Q-led, the OLED with an error code, and a fan that turns no ?

fabriceG
Level 7
The motherboard went to an ASUS repair center.

fabriceG
Level 7
The mobo came back from the repair center...and i have the same trouble !!!!! The have changed 2 Resistence (RES 10K Ohm 1/16W and RES 0 Ohm 1/16W.

I'm tired...3 weeks that not turn 😞

My question is : what should the mobo do when we connect only the 24pin and the 2x8 pin on the psu and just that and we press on "start" please ?

fabriceG
Level 7
Psu tested OK on an other PC

fabriceG
Level 7
is anyone can tell me if the mobo with only the psu plugged must do something when i press "start" ? erreur code on the oled etc .. ?

fabriceG
Level 7
After two return trips to the repair center and an exchange with an refurbished card ... it still does not work! But this time a little better the card tests the CPU at power up. But nothing else after the start. I am damned !

Retired
Not applicable
fabriceG, if everything is connected from the power supply to the motherboard, the lights only should appear. Powering on is a different matter now. Make sure you connected the proper cables to the graphical unit. I had a problem like that in the beginning. Nothing was working because of in-proper cable management. I went to a service shop and they connected the cables properly and everything is working fine till this day 🙂
How many watts does your power supply have? Which graphics card do you have?

fabriceG
Level 7
Thanks for your answer!
My PSU is an HX1200i so it's ok for the PC.
This morning the motherboard is accepted for a third travel to the repair center !!! lol

Is anyone with this motherboard can realize en picture or idealy video of what's happening with your mobo on the configuration below and when you press "start" on the motherboard switch please ? It will help me a lot !!!
Thanks.

Me :
- i have the red light for CPU 2x8PIN disconnect -> OK
- I have the CPU status red light -> OK
- Have not the orange light for QLED test (BIOS led etc) -> NOK
- Have not the OLED screen -> NOK