cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maixmus XI Apex - Dimm.2 Clarification

ninezerofive
Level 10
I've been researching this topic for awhile now, and I think I am finally about to pick up some NMVe drives.

And just few question to clarify :

1)So if I understand correctly the manual is wrong and Dimm.2 1st slot instead of the CPU,goes through the Chipset and doesn't halve the PCIe lanes for GPU ?

2)If I populate both Dimm.2 slots: (1 x Type 2242-22110, supports PCIe 3.0 x4 & SATA mode). Then the first one will be wired through the chipset and run full speed and the second one will be on sata interface running the SATA limits ? What is it like 500/500 ?

Or I am missing something here.

I am thinking something along the lines of

1st Slot : Evo Plus 1tb
2nd Slot : Intel 660p 2tb

Any input appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

1mluer
Level 11
I read that they both use full bandwidth bus. I am going to setup my two Samsung 970 Pro 1tb's nvme's in raid 0 because they were not impeded. I will look up where I read that and post it here but I was fairly sure about it after reading the information.

This should help make the VM's I run in workstation fly 🙂
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

I guess I will be able to confirm it myself shortly.

Corsair just dropped the prices on their m510 and I've had the 20% discount for the site, so I picked up their 1TB (almost) for half of the EVO PLUS price.

After doing some research it looked like a decent solution for myself. Slower than Evo in some tests but faster in few as well, and for half the price I can't really complain.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13438/the-corsair-force-mp510-ssd-review

I am not heavy user myself, so I doubt I would feel the difference from EVO to this.

P.S. Thanks 1mluer for the input. That sounds interesting, yeah if you manage to come across that article I would love to read it.