cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX2080ti OC driver lost after restart

smtx23
Level 7
Dear all,

after returning my first card 2 weeks ago I received a new one but struggeling with some issues.
After nearly every restart the nvidia driver is lost and is installed after a while automatically.
i nearly tried everything, reinstall OS, reinstall driver (previous deinstallation), deactivate the gpu of the mainboard, changing some gaming entries in the registry ....

Any new ideas?

Could it be that the gpu is broken again? Or is it the mainboard? The GPU is not recognized in the bios even if UEFI mode is deactivated and legacy mode...

system
ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO
i9 9900K
32 GB 4000 MHz
ROG STRIX RTX2080TI OC

Thanks for information
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi smtx23

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Seems we need to do some more troubleshooting.

Try your 2080 Ti in the 2nd pcie_x16 slot, this should tell us a little more.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi smtx23

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Seems we need to do some more troubleshooting.

Try your 2080 Ti in the 2nd pcie_x16 slot, this should tell us a little more.

Dear Nate,

thanks for the reply.
I changed the card to slot 2. After rebooting the driver was not lost / resinstalled but the card isn't recognized in BIOS as well.
Than I shut down the PC and restarted it, the driver was lost as well and must be reinstalled (was done by system automatically).
In the device manager both cards are listed ther onboard and native. 79775

I also updated the BIOS to 0903 yesterday, still no changes.

Do you need something else for analyzsis?
Thanks in advance

smtx23 wrote:
Dear Nate,

thanks for the reply.
I changed the card to slot 2. After rebooting the driver was not lost / resinstalled but the card isn't recognized in BIOS as well.
Than I shut down the PC and restarted it, the driver was lost as well and must be reinstalled (was done by system automatically).
In the device manager both cards are listed ther onboard and native. 79775

I also updated the BIOS to 0903 yesterday, still no changes.

Do you need something else for analyzsis?
Thanks in advance

Any ideas?

Nate152
Strange it shows your 2080Ti in device manager but not in the bios, losing the driver with the system automatically installing it is not normal either.

1) Are you running your your cpu and ram at default settings? If not try this.

2) Double check it's fully seated in the pcie x16 slot and clicked into place, be sure you're using two 8-pin pcie power cables.

3) In the bios - Advanced tab, System Agent Configuration, Graphics Configuration - Set Primary to PCIe.

4) Connect the monitor cable to your 2080 Ti.

5) If you get display, you can uninstall the intel graphics driver unless you plan on using it, I personally don't install it.

Are you able to install ROG GPU-Z? Click the ASUS ROG Themed download - https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/