Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Snow,

I have no idea how this could kill your mobo. I have eight TT fans and a cooler. The fans operate totally seperate to the cooler. I ditched the hubs that came with the RGB Fan Packs and used the TT synch controller premium edition. You don't get the TT's many lighting options, but the fans all synch to the mobo. https://www.thermaltake.com/Cooler/C...ion/Design.htm

Those errors are only for the RGB, your fans should have still been connected to the fan headers.

What cooler is connected to your CPU header?

Are you sure you didn't have a short somewhere with one of your plugs? And are you sure your mobo is dead?

I know you are a perfectionist and all, so am I, but I had a dodgy 24 pin, one of the pins had recessed slightly. Have you checked that you have power to the board??
    The fans were connected through the hub, the TT software didn't recognize some of 'em. The error seemed legit as not all were spinning, lighting up nor responding to settings change on TT software. Could only find 5 fans on TT software if i recall correctly and only 2 were responding to settings change meanwhile the software spitting out controller and fan error

That sync controller is not for sale in my country unfortunately

There is a Noctua D15 in the cpu fan header

The mobo behaves dead i'm not 100% certain that it is, however. Sure looks like it tho. Will know for certain once i'm able to take the PC to the place i mentioned and test every part out

If the there's something wrong with the 24pin i have no idea, will also be tested

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by OGSnow View Post
    I thought the same. They were behaving super weird and really took me for a loop as i was following manual of the fans and hub..

Not precisely, i'd press once, it would light up, then power down after a few seconds, then i'd press a second time, the same would repeat, 3rd time would make it boot properly, i wasn't spamming the power button. I'd only press it once, let the PC do its thing, and only press again once it was powered down

The power cable seems fine. Its a new one. I had to buy a new one cuz my old one is capable of less amperage (my old rig) plus i predicted issues and that i'd need my old rig and didn't want plug and unplug the psu all the time.

Yea i'm only using the cables from the RMi that came. I don't have any other modular cables available so i couldn't even if i wanted to
    I wasn't suggesting you were mashing the power button over and over. I wanted to clarify that after the computer attempted to power up, it did not shut down and then automatically (try to) re-start again. (A MOBO will do that sometimes, like after making RAM timing changes). Rather, it would try to power up, shut down, and you had to push the power button again for anything to happen.

Anyway, good to hear that you can take it somewhere and get it tested. I really think you are going to find out that it's the power supply or something annoyingly simple like a pushed in or poorly crimped pin in the ATX 24-pin connector. The erratic behavior of the fans and LEDs I think is a separate problem that is probably not related to the failure. I have never used TT RGB products or software, but if you were seeing a bunch of errors in the software and the fans/LEDs were acting strange, then its a fair bet that there is a problem, but I don't think it caused the overall failure.

You said you have 2 TT hubs with 4 fans in each, with the TT "Bridge" cable connected between them. Once you get the main problem fixed, I would try disconnecting the 2nd TT hub and the bridge cable. See if you can get 4 fans on 1 hub to work properly. Then disconnect the 1st hub and test the 2nd hub with its 4 fans.

Also, the TT hub plugs into a USB port on the MOBO, then a bridge cable connects TT hub #1 to TT Hub #2. Did you also connect TT hub #2 to a USB port on the MOBO? Its not clear from their crappy instructions, but if the 2nd TT hub is not supposed to plug into a USB port on the MOBO (because of the bridge cable), I could see where if it was connected to a USB port, it may confuse the software and cause erratic operation. This is speculation but I would review that wiring carefully.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by BillBittel; 04-05-2019 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Typo

ROG Member Array SatinWhitePearl PC Specs
    SatinWhitePearl PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus RoG Maximus XI Extreme
    Processori9 9900k
    Memory (part number)G Skill Trident RGB DDR4 3200 32gb
    Graphics Card #1RoG Strix 1080Ti OC Edition
    Graphics Card #2RoG Strix 1080Ti OC Edition
    MonitorAsus
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 960 1TB
    CPU CoolerAsus RoG Ryuo
    CaseInWin D-Frame 459/500
    Power SupplyAsus RoG Thor

Win life by not turning your rig into an EDC festival.
    InWin D-Frame 459/500
    Intel i9 9900k
    Asus RoG Maximus XI Extreme
    Asus RoG Strix 1080Ti OC Edition x2
    Asus RoG Ryuo
    Asus RoG Thor PSU
    Samsung 960 EVO

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    I wasn't suggesting you were mashing the power button over and over. I wanted to clarify that after the computer attempted to power up, it did not shut down and then automatically (try to) re-start again. (A MOBO will do that sometimes, like after making RAM timing changes). Rather, it would try to power up, shut down, and you had to push the power button again for anything to happen.

Anyway, good to hear that you can take it somewhere and get it tested. I really think you are going to find out that it's the power supply or something annoyingly simple like a pushed in or poorly crimped pin in the ATX 24-pin connector. The erratic behavior of the fans and LEDs I think is a separate problem that is probably not related to the failure. I have never used TT RGB products or software, but if you were seeing a bunch of errors in the software and the fans/LEDs were acting strange, then its a fair bet that there is a problem, but I don't think it caused the overall failure.

You said you have 2 TT hubs with 4 fans in each, with the TT "Bridge" cable connected between them. Once you get the main problem fixed, I would try disconnecting the 2nd TT hub and the bridge cable. See if you can get 4 fans on 1 hub to work properly. Then disconnect the 1st hub and test the 2nd hub with its 4 fans.

Also, the TT hub plugs into a USB port on the MOBO, then a bridge cable connects TT hub #1 to TT Hub #2. Did you also connect TT hub #2 to a USB port on the MOBO? Its not clear from their crappy instructions, but if the 2nd TT hub is not supposed to plug into a USB port on the MOBO (because of the bridge cable), I could see where if it was connected to a USB port, it may confuse the software and cause erratic operation. This is speculation but I would review that wiring carefully.

Good Luck!
    Really hope so even tho i sort of doubt it... I bet my mobo and psu are dead but i've been wrong before, here's hoping i'll be again lol

No i use the bridge precisely so i wouldn't need to waste 2 usb ports on the hubs. If i can get the main issue fixed (you can sense that optimism lol) i'll probably ditch those fans. People recommended others, like corsair ones that supposedly can be controlled (rpm and rgb) without any connection to the mobo just sata power from psu and their iCue software and costumer support is far better than TT's i was told. So i might look for that in the future.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array JimmyH PC Specs
    JimmyH PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-E
    Processor8700K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    MonitorBenq 27" x 2
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Ring 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Strix
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    Headset Logitech933
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Any update mate????

CPU i7 8700K: MB: ROG Strix Z370-E Corsair Vengeance 3000 (4x8GB) : GTX-1080: Samsung 970 EVO, 2 x Kingston Hyper X
    500GB Velocerapter, PSU Corsair RM 850x
    Case Thermaltake View 71: Cooling Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 mm

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Any update mate????
    Yes, in fact. Sorry about that. Dealing with the aftermath of it and ended up forgetting to update here altho i doubt it'll help anyone.

Turns out, my mobo is indeed dead. My cpu too. Oh and also my psu (RMi 850). All the rest is seemingly fine.
    "But what happened?" 2 socket pins from the mobo were damaged. One was outright missing (took a trip somewhere and got lost i guess)
    And the other was somehow soldered or stuck onto the cpu itself. Both are unusable. I was shown through a magnifying glass thingy
    Cuz to naked eye is almost impossible to see without putting your eye half an inch to the cpu.
    So, i was wrong. It wasn't the rgb fans that killed the mobo. Tho i wish that was the issue. Would've been far less disastrous.
    As it stands, its about $2500 worth of hardware destroyed.

I can't afford to replace the exact same hardware. 6950X are gone. The only ones left are with outrageous prices. Almost twice what i paid for the first one. The mobo (rampage v edition 10) is also at a higher price. While that specific cpu was a long coming dream of mine, i cannot afford another one, at a almost doubled price. So, once things settle down a bit, will make a jump to the x299 platform instead where cpus are less expensive and perhaps equal performance. Currently am thinking on a 7820X, Asus Prime/Deluxe/Rog Strix and EVGA G2 850 cuz better than that i cannot reach financially. And even those, will take a bit of time.

Next time, however, won't be building it myself that's for sure. Won't risk it again. Too much money for rookie hands. Will pay a professional to do it. (if i can find one that is)
    Last edited by OGSnow; 04-18-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3