cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL504GV Screen blacks out for a moment when the laptop boots.

DeltaMike1010
Level 7
Hey everyone, I recently bought Strix Scar II Edition (RTX 2060), and this is my first ROG product and it's so satisfying!

However, I've been facing a little snag with my laptop. When I boot it and sign in, the screen blacks out for a second or two and the refresh rate changes automatically. If I set the screen's refresh rate (from Intel's control panel) to 144 Hz and shut down, and the next time I start the laptop, the screen blacks out for a few seconds and the refresh rate is again set back to 60 Hz. I have to manually change the refresh rate everytime I boot the laptop. Is anyone else facing this issue? Is there a solution to this? Any leads would be really appreciated.

Thanks! 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

WakeJarvis
Level 7
Hello DeltaMike!

I just read your post and I'm facing the same issue, but with a different laptop - Asus ROG Scar Strix 2 GL704GM.
I tried searching for articles online and tech support as well, but no leads yet.
Did you resolve the issue anyhow? Please update!

Cheers.

TX2000
Level 8
i have a GL504GW and it does the same. It always does that when you boot it on battery . I think it is because it boots with the gpu and when it gets up then switch to the integrated intel one. I dont get the blank screen when i boot it plugged in the AC.

Following this thread as well
Z790 Maximus Hero - Beta BIOS 1601 - ME 16.1.30.2264v4 - MEI V2306.4.3.0 | Core i9 13900k | RTX 4090 OC | x4 XPG Lancer DDR5 6000Mhz - XMP II | Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Guys, that's a "feature" to save battery, what it does is changing your panel refresh rate to 60Hz when you're on battery, and then change it back to the higher refresh rate when you connect the charger.

You can disable it from the Intel Graphics Panel, you'll find the power management options set it all to maximum performance and disable any battery saving features and you're set.

SulimanAF wrote:
Guys, that's a "feature" to save battery, what it does is changing your panel refresh rate to 60Hz when you're on battery, and then change it back to the higher refresh rate when you connect the charger.

You can disable it from the Intel Graphics Panel, you'll find the power management options set it all to maximum performance and disable any battery saving features and you're set.

thanks i went to the intel panel and put it on performance and is not switching anymore