cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z370 when to expect new BIOS?

kens30
Level 11
When will ASUS update BIOS for Z370 chipset to add support for the forthcoming 9th Generation Intel Core processors based on new stepping?
Currently only the following chipsets have been updated.
Z390
H370
B360
H310
10 REPLIES 10

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
when they're ready, no sooner.

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
yawn sips coffee .... not that i need it anyways but i still check
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

kens30
Level 11
My point is if there will be a BIOS update at all for the new Core i9 9900 KF as i might update my cpu down the road,
without upgrading my Motherboard.
Can any mod from Asus confirm this? or is the Z370 chipset abandoned in favor of Z390.

Z370 has a 3.1 controller and wifi anyway (if you got the right board) not many huge differences besides that. Who says the kf needs a new bios anyway? I'd be asking about new bios for microcode, me FW updates, and generally stability changes (of which there is probably not a huge need these days). And both of those things you can keep current manually without a bios. If the latest 1801 (I think that was it) supports to regular 9900k I think it's fine. I don't see an upgrade from z370/8700k until New pcie comes out as well as the 2 by 2 USB standard.

Edit- maybe do it if your current VRM was crap and you don't anticipate upgrading for a while anyway. But you have the code which I do as well and have had great temps with the 8700k at 5.1 all around

MonarchX
Level 7
BIOS 1901 is out!

If anyone cares, I further modded/updated it (Hero X WiFi) with the latest Intel LAN ROM, Intel RST EFI and BIN files to 17.2 via UBU from WinRAID forums. Modded/Updated BIOS + Intel MEI Firmware flasher + the latest raw drivers for Intel CPU, Watch-Dog, LAN, MEI, and RST can all be found in this dandy-matching firmware+driver birthday-present archive here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/16IWpjUUNd3dNQ4yZrqmItC6ksOeetdGG/view?usp=sharing .

Notes:
- Modded BIOS can only be flashed using ASUS Flashback and the file must be placed on an empty MBR-only (non-GPT), active-only, FAT32 partition of USB flash drive
- All drivers are for 64bit CPU architecture
- To flash Intel MEI firmware, please follow the simple copy, paste, launch instructions founds in ReadMeToBegin.txt file
- Intel LAN drivers are specific to Windows build 1809-17763
- Intel RST EFI and BIN files included are of version 17.2 to match each and the included driver versions because version 17.3 does not have matching files and drivers yet
- Intel GPU drivers not included due to large package size

MonarchX wrote:
BIOS 1901 is out!

If anyone cares, I further modded/updated it (Hero X WiFi) with the latest Intel LAN ROM, Intel RST EFI and BIN files to 17.2 via UBU from WinRAID forums. Modded/Updated BIOS + Intel MEI Firmware flasher + the latest raw drivers for Intel CPU, Watch-Dog, LAN, MEI, and RST can all be found in this dandy-matching firmware+driver birthday-present archive here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/16IWpjUUNd3dNQ4yZrqmItC6ksOeetdGG/view?usp=sharing .

Notes:
- Modded BIOS can only be flashed using ASUS Flashback and the file must be placed on an empty MBR-only (non-GPT), active-only, FAT32 partition of USB flash drive
- All drivers are for 64bit CPU architecture
- To flash Intel MEI firmware, please follow the simple copy, paste, launch instructions founds in ReadMeToBegin.txt file
- Intel LAN drivers are specific to Windows build 1809-17763
- Intel RST EFI and BIN files included are of version 17.2 to match each and the included driver versions because version 17.3 does not have matching files and drivers yet
- Intel GPU drivers not included due to large package size

Hello! I own a Maximus X Hero and recently I update it's Intel Management Firmware to version 11.8.65.3572, using the other thread "[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (Z170/Z270/Z370)" and man did I do wrong:(
My sistem isn't as stable as it used to be with ASUS's original version that came with bios 1704, namely 11.8.55.3510. I tried to downgrade using the same tool, by repacing the ".bin" file, but I get an error.. something like "the image provided is not supported by this platform". But it was the right image. I also tested to downgrade to the previous one, version 11.8.60.3561, downloaded from ASUS's site, I get the same error:((
I am really desperate as I tried everything.. bios flachback.. disabling secure boot... nothing works..
Please, help! I read somewhere that ths bios has a read-write limitation that should be unlocked first, but I don't know how:(
Maybe you can mod a bios version for my Maximus X Hero (non wi-fi version) that will allow to downgrade the ME firmware to version 11.8.55.3510. Or if you have another solution, I am very willing to try anything:)

Thanks alot!

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
A little late to the party :D. Apparently nothing new in the BIOS except fornew microcode for processors none of us have LOL

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

MonarchX
Level 7
The change was not in Microcode, but in uCode! What is the difference? I also noticed that my profile settings from BIOS 1801 (with same modded ROM's of identical versions) would fail to apply. I guess there was some "under-the-hood" redecoration in CPU BIOS section.

MonarchX wrote:
The change was not in Microcode, but in uCode! What is the difference? I also noticed that my profile settings from BIOS 1801 (with same modded ROM's of identical versions) would fail to apply. I guess there was some "under-the-hood" redecoration in CPU BIOS section.

Ucode is microcode? And you can't apply settings to bios across different versions. You need to always manually apply