cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

q code 24 and OS cannot start

namlier
Level 7
Help please. I was trying to install or boot from usb OS on asus rog crosshair hero vii , ryzen 2700x some hyperx RAM. After i choose try os without installing or install os from the menu i get black screen, and code is 24.
video attach
https://youtu.be/Xr0JHx2_GqM
15 REPLIES 15

namlier
Level 7
also i was trying to install windows 7, the result was froze at first menu, when you should choose language and some locale options

namlier wrote:
also i was trying to install windows 7, the result was froze at first menu, when you should choose language and some locale options

error 24 is not in the BIOS q code table of the user manual found here https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO/E13835_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VII_HERO... page number appendix A-1
I think that might be showing your CPU temp as 24c
It sound like a memory error,
Check that your memory is inserted correctly and the retainer brackets are clicked into place,

Just watched your video again, make sure you have 2 sticks plugged in to DIMM SLOT 2 and SLOT 4 like this diagram

SaLSouL wrote:
error 24 is not in the BIOS q code table of the user manual found here https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO/E13835_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VII_HERO... page number appendix A-1
I think that might be showing your CPU temp as 24c
It sound like a memory error,
Check that your memory is inserted correctly and the retainer brackets are clicked into place,

Just watched your video again, make sure you have 2 sticks plugged in to DIMM SLOT 2 and SLOT 4 like this diagram

2 sticks, in bios i can see 16gb exactly how i expect)

yeah it was clicked,
and it is in right place as it described in installation guide, same as you bring me on the photo
ok, i will try now just with one of sticks

1 stick in dimm A2 do work as was.
Trying to switch the sticks into the same A2...

namlier wrote:
1 stick in dimm A2 do work as was.
Trying to switch the sticks into the same A2...

same, trying to start with one stick in B2

namlier wrote:
same, trying to start with one stick in B2

same...

shieeeet, i was waiting for this pc 3 months, finally all ingridients are complected, but something is bad. always the same thing with new items.

namlier wrote:
same...

shieeeet, i was waiting for this pc 3 months, finally all ingridients are complected, but something is bad. always the same thing with new items.

have you checked that your running at default memory settings in the BIOS, 2133mhz is default.

Whats the model number of your ram ? is it on the QVL list ?

SaLSouL wrote:
have you checked that your running at default memory settings in the BIOS, 2133mhz is default.

Whats the model number of your ram ? is it on the QVL list ?

DDR4 2x8GB/ 3600 Kingston HyperX Predator RGB (HX436C17PB3AK2/16)
i didnt even change anything, in bios it says me RAM is 2400