Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SaLSouL View Post
    Thanks for the update Jesso2k your experience does mirror what other x370 boards are displaying and will hopefully help Asus and other C6E owners who are sitting on the fence like me waiting for these things to get ironed out and a restock of the 3900x.

If you get time post some benchmarks scores up that would be helpful

Cheers

Sal
    My benchmarks are here SalSoul with a modest 4.1Ghz all core OC.
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32861339/

ROG Member Array

Thanks for the update Jesso2k your experience does mirror what other x370 boards are displaying and will hopefully help Asus and other C6E owners who are sitting on the fence like me waiting for these things to get ironed out and a restock of the 3900x.

If you get time post some benchmarks scores up that would be helpful

Cheers

Sal
    So nothing too crazy but I will follow up. I said I applied a -.075 offset to the voltage in the bios as one of my first orders of business and didn't look back. My R20 score of R20 hit 7020 with a temp of 76C. Well after Optimum Tech's deleted vid today celebrating his stable 1.0v setup without comparing to auto, I decided to go back and set CPU voltage to auto myself. My score shot up to 7110 and temps rose to 79C but that's a trade-off I'd take. I still can't reliably read my voltage, CPU-Z seems to low and using HWINFO makes the fans run wild. I'm reading the temperature from the Q-Code display on the mobo, MSI Afterburner and iCue still can't read it.

ROG Member Array

Well just looking at the cpu specification is look like is support CPU UP TO 8 CORES on 14nm CPU

AMD AM4 Socket AMD Ryzen™ 2nd Generation/Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/Ryzen™ 1st Generation/7th Generation A-series/Athlon X4 Processors
    Supports AM4 Socket 14 nm CPU
    Supports CPU up to 8 cores
    * Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list and now thanks Asus the 3900X is officially support yeahh !!!
    Ryzen 9 3900X (3.8GHz,105W,L3:64M,12C,B0) ALL 7002 GO
    Last edited by roco_smith; 07-19-2019 at 01:15 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCoolermaster Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyCorsair ax 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Astro A50 Gaming Wireless
    Mouse Pad corsair massive
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC-3200

according to that CPU list only upto R7 3800x is supported nothing on the r9 3900 or r9 3950x. if that is the case then I paid a premium for this board for nothing, I thought when purchasing this board there would be support for ALL Ryzen processors till 2020, thats why I paid extra for this x370 top of the line MB it was for longevity, unless they come out with technical reasoning as to why then this is a shambles. it has to be a typo as Jesse_2k has a R9 3900 running on the C6E

ASRock support for R9 family on x370
    MSI Support for R9 family on x370
    Gigabyte Support for R9 family on x370

some vendors even support r9 family on B350
    Last edited by SaLSouL; 07-17-2019 at 06:21 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ryzen R7/R9 3xxxx and X370

according to that CPU list only upto R7 3800x is supported nothing on the r9 3900 or r9 3950x. if that is the case then I paid a premium for this board for nothing, I thought when purchasing this board there would be support for ALL Ryzen processors till 2020, thats why I paid extra for this x370 top of the line MB it was for longevity, unless they come out with technical reasoning as to why then this is a shambles. it has to be a typo as Jesse_2k has a R9 3900 running on the C6E

ASRock support for R9 family on x370
    MSI Support for R9 family on x370
    Gigabyte Support for R9 family on x370

some vendors even support r9 family on B350

Buying a Premium board for future CPU/hardware support, should never be one of the main reasons to decide a purchase. It may be a secondary motive, but never a main reason, as some of the architecture and planning that goes into supporting new generations of processors, is not always known or even disclosed to OEM's at the time they are designing their boards. Also originally the AM4 was mainly thought to be 8 core only battle and the TR4 socket would set the stage for more cores beyond 8. As AMD was planning Zen 2 and towards the final stages, they were able to fit more cores on the package and somewhere a decision was also made to battle it out in the more cores is better even in the mainstream market and as Lisa said, AMD is making a decision to no longer wait for their rival and trade blows back and forth, and instead when it is ready, they will launch mentality.

Due to that, several changes have happened since the X370 chipset and AM4 launched. Some of which OEM's were not ready for or could not account for. ASUS still made sure a 3rd Gen Zen 2 based R3xxx based CPU would work on the board but at least for now is playing safe and supporting the same amount of cores. So there was no deception, just at the time this board was built, the 12-core and 16-core Ryzen CPUs were not even known. I also want to say some of the B350 boards may support the 12 and 16 core Ryzens due to possibly a revision of the board, plus that chipset came out after the X370 launched (I have personally not checked to see if any B350 boards support Ryzen or had a revision to work).

IMO I believe it will be better to paid Ryzen R7/R9 with X570 all the way.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Lesson learned and now I am made to remember why ASUS is my brand of choice

So I had an experience with 2 different boards and learned a lesson......

So owned an ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme as ASUS was the brand I trusted and had practically no issues ever with their boards. Well This board was my first major problem child. The first board I had was problematic and I would say DOA but I didn't realize right away as it would boot the system up but gradually got slower and had issues. I sent it to ASUS and in my haste and impulsiveness, I bought a Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi Board and 2nd Gen Ryzen 2700. It seemed to work well and felt fast, but I did notice that my processor seemed to spike heat every so often and the Bios was not anywhere near ASUS Bios and required more tinkering.

The Gigabyte board seemed to be doing good and even after getting a replacement CHVI board from Asus, I wasn't feeling the rush to switch back......That was until I bought my much needed 6TB WD Hard Drive for my growing games storage and a 240GB PNY SSD Drive to use as a cache for the 6TB. Lets just say that was the test of Gigabytes I/O and it caused massive corruption and for me to think my 6TB drive had gone up on me as it would not be intialized in Windows Disk manager and 2 restarts later my OS seemed to be corrupt and Windows would not boot.

At the end, I have put my ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme board back in my main PC and paired it with my 2nd Gen Ryzen 7 2700 CPU OC and it is running cooler consistently. Also my 6TB hard drive is fine and the CHVI was able to see it with all my games intact (Saves me from a massive amount of downloading again). Also have the PNY has a split 120GB/120GB R/W cache drive to my 6TB WD SATA drive using PrimoCache and works flawlessly and getting better results. Also I am on the latest BIOS 7003 that seems to finally bring the board completely out of Beta mode and my system is running flawlessly now.

Needless to say I will not be making any impulse buys like that again. Not saying everything about Gigabye was bad but I will say ASUS has a better softrware design and support and their BIOS support, although can be long in between updates, is more thought out and stable. I will stick with ASUS, but the only board I may consisder other than ASUS is MSI, as I researched their latest offerings, and really like the new MEG X570 Godlike board, plus
    they seem to offer the same quality and their BIOS looks to be on par or close to ASUS.

I know long and drawn out but I figured I would give a story that speaks to why the CHVI is a good board and still supported.....or something like that

ROG Member Array

Can anyone confirm if they see their CPU temp sensor in Afterburner or iCue with 7201? It's my last nagging issue but I won't be so quick to update the bios after fighting with the last one.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCoolermaster Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyCorsair ax 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Astro A50 Gaming Wireless
    Mouse Pad corsair massive
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC-3200

Quote Originally Posted by ratman21345 View Post
    great spot ill add it to the first post, thank you

Latest Version
    Version 7201
    2019/07/18 10.17 MBytes
    ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME the BIOS 7201
    Fix AN Issue the WHERE at The Mouse by Will Sometimes Freeze in at The UEFI.
    Update Multi-Language String.
    Fix AN Issue with The Safe Boot Button.
    "The Before running at The the USB the BIOS the Flashback Tool, Please the rename at The the BIOS File (C6E .CAP) using BIOSRenamer.''
    LINK https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...-ASUS-7201.zip
    Thanks to ratman21345 for the spot

patch notes from asus.com/tw

Also ryzen 9 family supported on the C6E again from asus.com/tw
    Attachment 81065
    Last edited by SaLSouL; 07-18-2019 at 06:33 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ratman21345 View Post
    Thanks updated via flashback.

UEFI BIOS Mouse support fixed.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast