Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Thank you SaLSouL.

I have no idea what is going on with my forum account, but I did have all kinds of problems with broken redirects/urls when I registered.

PCIE Gen4 would certainly be nice from a future proofing point of view on the VI Extreme.
    Even if it was only a selectable option for the first full size PCIE slot.

ROG Member Array

Well my Crosshair VI Extreme has been running very stable with latest Bio with volt on manual mode to 1.40v LLC3 stable frequency 40.25ghz on Ryzen 1800X and memory at 2133mhz oc to 3200mhz at 1.35v and to keep the temp nice and cool I enable Global CState. I will go ahead an upgrade to Ryzen 3900X since of the specification on Asus web site it said that this board can handle up to 8 cores . HOPE the VRM on the CH6E can manage to handle this new beast from AMD so that's the reason is call Crosshair VI Extreme , is supposed to have the best VRM Phase , finger cross

New ROGer Array

Hey guys the 7002 bios has been removed from Official page. Anyone know why ?

ROG Member Array

Maybe Asus will give us the big surprise and Enable PCI Express 4 for Asus Crosshair VI Extreme owners since AMD confirm no Pci Express 4 support for X370 and X470 platform also too many issues with bios 7002 according to users
    Last edited by roco_smith; 06-03-2019 at 05:01 PM.

ROG Member Array

Wonder what's going on with them pulling 7002.

Pure speculation, but are Asus actually removing PCIE 4.0 support by AMD's late instruction?

Pre-X570 boards will not support PCIe Gen 4. There’s no guarantee that older motherboards can reliably run the more stringent signaling requirements of Gen4, and we simply cannot have a mix of “yes, no, maybe” in the market for all the older motherboards. The potential for confusion is too high.

When FINAL BIOSes are released for 3rd Gen Ryzen (AGESA 1000+), Gen4 will not be an option anymore. We wish we could’ve enabled this backwards, but the risk is too great.”

– Robert Hallock, Senior Technical Marketing Manager at AMD
    Well I have already installed 7002 via flashback in preparation.

I'll be very interested to see if the PCIE 4.0 option shows up when I drop in the 3900X 12 core in July.

*May require the detection of a Gen4 compatible graphics card though (e.g Navi).
    Last edited by ROGod; 06-03-2019 at 09:40 PM.

ROG Member Array

Any way PCIE4 is only useful when you do raid configuration with m.2 drive or Sli with video cards. If you have only one video card and one M.2 drive you will continue get good speed transfers with PCIE3

ROG Enthusiast Array

Where is the audio driver? Why is it missing from this thread? Something weird I noticed about the official support page regarding the audio drivers. The official support page has two audio drivers listed with the same version number but different dates and sizes. What is that about? Which are you supposed to use? ASUS does a really bad job of making things clear.

Are there any detailed patch notes for all the BIOS updates that this mobo has gotten? Have these BIOS updates enabled any new features?

Also, doesn't Windows Update automatically update to the latest AMD chipset driver? How can I check what my current chipset driver is? Actually, how do I check the current driver for the audio, WiFi, LAN, etc? I'm not very computer literate these days.

I can't find the Intel UWP network driver on the Windows Store. Is it actually on there?

I just have to say, I'm very annoyed that in 2019 these motherboard software programs do not have the ability to be centralized in one single program and be automatically updated. Or at least have the option to be automatically updated. It's ridiculous that you have to use 20 different programs for your motherboard and maintain them all individually.

Another infuriating problem. A lot of these driver compressed folders have 3 or 4 Setup.exe's which are look different and have different sizes. How the hell are you supposed to know which to use? I have no clue.
    Last edited by Riekopo; 06-17-2019 at 03:12 PM.

ROG Member Array

I never install any additional crap that come with ASUS utility and any driver that I never going to use , so I only install the nvidia driver video that include audio driver for my HDMI audio system

New ROGer Array

7003 was out !

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bak301 View Post
    7003 was out !
    Why are there literally no patch notes for it? >:{

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast