Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

7002 Bios is much more refined and stable

Ok so I have played with Bios 7002 long enough so far to tell that it is much more stable and refined, and the fixes paired with memory optimizations and the new AGESA are finally showing, as I was able to get Windows to boot up with DDR4-3400Mhz and DDR4-3466Mhz with slightly looser times of 18-20-20-20-38-1T timings using Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3200Mhz 16GB (8x2) memory. It boots into Windows vs. before it would bluescreen. Just can't get it to pass AIDA64. Longest is 25mins before fails stress test. Overall this is looking promising.

ROG Enthusiast Array

7002 DDR-3400Mhz using Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB with Hynix

Upon further testing I am booting into Windows 10 at DDR4-3400 and 3466MHz speeds. I have listed the current settings for DDR4-3400 using Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200Mhz with Hynix chips OC to 3400Mhz speeds. 16-18-20-20-40-64-1T. It seems to boot into Windows 10 with no issues at this speed. Only issue right now is how stable is the settings, as I can get AIDA64 to go 28mins before it fails. Overall I am pleased with this Bios, as before I couldn't even get Windows 10 to always boot without a blue screen, let alone run a stress test.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCoolermaster Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyCorsair ax 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Astro A50 Gaming Wireless
    Mouse Pad corsair massive
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC-3200

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick009 View Post
    Asus just dropped Bios 7002 with some further refinements and a fix to Precision Boost. Below is all the fixes and updates.

ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME BIOS 7002
    1. Update AM4 ComboPI 0.0.7.2A for next-gen processors and to improve CPU compatibility
    2. Fixed an issue with Precision Boost values
    3. Improved memory compatibility
    4. Enhance system security
    ASUS strongly recommends installing AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating to this BIOS version.
    " Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C6E.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.''

Thanks Maverick009 will add to first post good spot !
    Last edited by SaLSouL; 05-12-2019 at 09:38 AM.

SaLSouL PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

Well my 1st flash did not go well at all. I flashed within the BIOS of 6401 using EZ flash utility, I got a "successful, pc will now be reset" message and a reboot to F2 > F9 beep that did not clear, on rebooting I was greeted with an E1 and no post. a total soft brick! good job Asus. I then went to my laptop and put 7002 on a USB pen and re flashed with USB BIOS flashback. thankfully this cleared the soft-brick and I was able to post as normal. DOES ANYONE DO TESTING ANYMORE AT ASUS?
    I'm now sat a stock wondering if it is even worth trying my ram at xmp now. I have no trust in this MB anymore.

SaLSouL PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

transferred my settings from STABLE 6401 to 7002 and as soon as I fired up Handbrake. I get a q code 8 and black-screen that needs a hard reset. back to 6401 identical settings and rock solid again, both 6903 & 7002 are broken for me. Im not buying new ram just for stability of a BIOS when 6401 WORKS. Guess I wont be upgrading to Zen2 on this board at all...

ROG Member Array

update to new Bios , is very important when update to rename the bios using the bios rename utility.
    So far everything look nice . OC my 1800X TO 40.25 GHZ with PState manual volt to 1.37 and LLC level 3 . I enable CSTATE and my temps are very cool and stable . Did a couple of benchmark and stress test for a Hour with AIDA and didn't seen the error code 8 at all .So now just relax and waiting to Zen 2 to make some test . Also when the Top Youtubers make their own test on the X570 chips see is worth to upgrade to this chip.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I would check your memory

Quote Originally Posted by SaLSouL View Post
    transferred my settings from STABLE 6401 to 7002 and as soon as I fired up Handbrake. I get a q code 8 and black-screen that needs a hard reset. back to 6401 identical settings and rock solid again, both 6903 & 7002 are broken for me. Im not buying new ram just for stability of a BIOS when 6401 WORKS. Guess I wont be upgrading to Zen2 on this board at all...
    I would check your memory. I had issues with my Corsair Vengeance Pro and found out one of the sticks was bad. Once I got my replacement it seemed to work perfectly, allowing me to crank them up under XMP, and as I mentioned earlier, I can even get to 3400Mhz speed and boot up, just can't figure out the right timings and settings to stablize it for AIDA.

I am also wondering if with the latest AGESA update Samsung B-Die are out? I say this as I used my Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz RAM while waiting for my Pro sticks to return from RMA, and I couldn't get a stable OC , let alone boot into Windows 10. I also know Samsung recently confirmed they are no longer making B-Die chips. Just a thought....

SaLSouL PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick009 View Post
    I would check your memory. I had issues with my Corsair Vengeance Pro and found out one of the sticks was bad. Once I got my replacement it seemed to work perfectly, allowing me to crank them up under XMP, and as I mentioned earlier, I can even get to 3400Mhz speed and boot up, just can't figure out the right timings and settings to stablize it for AIDA.

I am also wondering if with the latest AGESA update Samsung B-Die are out? I say this as I used my Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz RAM while waiting for my Pro sticks to return from RMA, and I couldn't get a stable OC , let alone boot into Windows 10. I also know Samsung recently confirmed they are no longer making B-Die chips. Just a thought....
    I hear what your saying but it wont fit in my case, RAM is either bad or its not there is no middle ground. If my RAM was bad or a stick was broken then it would be consistently causing me problems no matter what bios I use. I would be having stability problems on all BIOS version but Im not. 6903 /7002 are not fit for purpose in my case, If I want to run @ stock there is no problem at all with any BIOS it is stable. I Overclock and have been overclocking since the first intel Pentium 3 450mhz SLOT A (not a socket) was released although it was only a 65mhz OC via swiches on the foxcon MB and software that sometimes worked it worked.

Its all about the fun! with 6903 /7002 I have to look at changing my Hynix IC ram to another type of IC just to OC on this board unless I stick with 6401 (the last @elmor BIOS I think) If I cant OC I don't need a flagship MB or expensive 3200mhz RAM (at the time of purchased it was very expensive)I can just buy an entry level MB and 2133mhz RAM and run it @ stock, no need for water cooling at stock, no need for SLI @ stock, there is just no need if I cant OC. Its purely frustration and there is no open channel to feedback to the engineers at @Asus. No one reads these forums its only user to user. Im frustrated beyond belief. with each BIOS there is stated memory stability improvements, in my case it appears to becoming more unstable which is not what it should be.

BIOS versions should not be the cause of instability as that shows less compatibility with H/W which defeats the object entirely. this board is now mature enough to have ironed out all of the compatibility issues, but with age its getting less compatible with my H/W. It just does not make sense at all.

ROG Enthusiast Array

7002 is Stable, but based on memory may need more tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by SaLSouL View Post
    I hear what your saying but it wont fit in my case, RAM is either bad or its not there is no middle ground. If my RAM was bad or a stick was broken then it would be consistently causing me problems no matter what bios I use. I would be having stability problems on all BIOS version but Im not. 6903 /7002 are not fit for purpose in my case, If I want to run @ stock there is no problem at all with any BIOS it is stable. I Overclock and have been overclocking since the first intel Pentium 3 450mhz SLOT A (not a socket) was released although it was only a 65mhz OC via swiches on the foxcon MB and software that sometimes worked it worked.

Its all about the fun! with 6903 /7002 I have to look at changing my Hynix IC ram to another type of IC just to OC on this board unless I stick with 6401 (the last @elmor BIOS I think) If I cant OC I don't need a flagship MB or expensive 3200mhz RAM (at the time of purchased it was very expensive)I can just buy an entry level MB and 2133mhz RAM and run it @ stock, no need for water cooling at stock, no need for SLI @ stock, there is just no need if I cant OC. Its purely frustration and there is no open channel to feedback to the engineers at @Asus. No one reads these forums its only user to user. Im frustrated beyond belief. with each BIOS there is stated memory stability improvements, in my case it appears to becoming more unstable which is not what it should be.

BIOS versions should not be the cause of instability as that shows less compatibility with H/W which defeats the object entirely. this board is now mature enough to have ironed out all of the compatibility issues, but with age its getting less compatible with my H/W. It just does not make sense at all.
    I hear you about the stability problems. This has been the first ASUS board in a long time that has given me multiple teething problems well into what should be it maturity. I think part of that goes what I call adding glue to the board, meaning they added an additional M2 slot to an X370 chipset and other suddle changes, that you typically would find on a normal ATX X470 based board. This was like a last horrah for the X370 chipset, plus it was built heavily around OC which ASUS is known for. I also think when they changed functionality of how the sensors/fan system works mid-life on this board, that is where alot more issues arose. I think we just witnessed that again with CPB, as 7002 finally brought it back and fixed an issue with it and this is nearing the end of the board, which you typically don't see. Mostly at this time it is just stability and CPU support.

As for memory, I think part of it is due to AMD's memory controller and AGESA updates, and the other of course depends on the memory maker and ICs they use. I can OC my CPU quite nicely if I wanted, but I choose to do a moddest OC this time, and not drag it to the extreme, so I could balance temps, power, and performance. I typically always have choose Corsair for memory, just due to the good experience I have had with their memory, even when not on a QVL. The Vengeance Pro RGB memory I have are using Hynix IC's but I can at least completely run at 3200Mhz speed on this board and 7002 is even allowing me to try and go beyond those limits which is good, as before I couldn't even boot Windows at 3400Mhz speeds. I could only barely get to 3333Mhz. So I see 7002 as an improvement plus it add support for Zen2 (Although at that point I will probably get an X570 board to take full advantage of Zen2) and brings back CPB with a fix, on top of memory stability improvements.

What memory and settings are you using?

New ROGer Array

Hey Everyone.

I am attempting to get Asus to fix a couple of BIOS issues, which I have not been resolved in the last few BIOS updates for the Extreme.
    1. VDDP voltage (Extreme Tweaker\Tweaker's Paradise), always shows as 0.065v, no matter if set to Auto, or Manually set.
    2. Fan Smoothing (Monitor\Q-Fan Configuration), not working with PWM fans, the fans are instantly ramping up under high CPU usage, no matter what the delay is set to.

After several emails back and forth to Asus tech support, and providing more then enough info for them to replicate the issues themselves, they are once again saying I need to RMA the board.

Could I please trouble any fellow Extreme owners to leave a post showing a screen shot of the VDDP voltage being incorrectly reported, and if you use PWM fans could you let us know if Fan Smoothing is working correctly for you. Perhaps if I can get several replies showing the same problem, on their own forum, they might actually pass me on to someone that can help, instead of just fobbing it off to the RMA departartment.

Thanks.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast