Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar RGB Pro
    Headset Astro A50 Gaming Wireless
    Mouse Pad corsair massive
    OS Win 10 x64 pro
    Network RouterAsus AC-3200

Quote Originally Posted by Dave001 View Post
    Hey Everyone.

I am attempting to get Asus to fix a couple of BIOS issues, which I have not been resolved in the last few BIOS updates for the Extreme.
    1. VDDP voltage (Extreme Tweaker\Tweaker's Paradise), always shows as 0.065v, no matter if set to Auto, or Manually set.
    2. Fan Smoothing (Monitor\Q-Fan Configuration), not working with PWM fans, the fans are instantly ramping up under high CPU usage, no matter what the delay is set to.

After several emails back and forth to Asus tech support, and providing more then enough info for them to replicate the issues themselves, they are once again saying I need to RMA the board.

Could I please trouble any fellow Extreme owners to leave a post showing a screen shot of the VDDP voltage being incorrectly reported, and if you use PWM fans could you let us know if Fan Smoothing is working correctly for you. Perhaps if I can get several replies showing the same problem, on their own forum, they might actually pass me on to someone that can help, instead of just fobbing it off to the RMA departartment.

Thanks.

here is one of the vddp voltage way off, it was a bad flash and I had to re-flash the BIOS on 6903

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190426_165134.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	447.4 KB 
ID:	80485

AS far as fans go Ive ran Q fan in the bios - set it to 75 /55 /40 high / med / low respectively and left ramp up at default, chose PWM as all my fans are PWM
    Ive then used AI suite to calibrate fans within windows using AI suite version 3.0.0.51 as that is the first version that has worked for me, link in #2 post in thread.

When you flash the BIOS do you do a BIOS reset before flashing? clearing all previous settings?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SaLSouL View Post
    here is one of the vddp voltage way off, it was a bad flash and I had to re-flash the BIOS on 6903

AS far as fans go Ive ran Q fan in the bios - set it to 75 /55 /40 high / med / low respectively and left ramp up at default, chose PWM as all my fans are PWM
    Ive then used AI suite to calibrate fans within windows using AI suite version 3.0.0.51 as that is the first version that has worked for me, link in #2 post in thread.

When you flash the BIOS do you do a BIOS reset before flashing? clearing all previous settings?
    OK, the problem is not a bad flash, the BIOS has been flashed correctly.

Here are two of your own posts on www.overclock.net that show that your board is also showing VDDP Voltage of 0.065v
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post27679638
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post27642648

As far as your fans go, it doesn't actually matter what you set in the bios, as you are using AISuite to control the fans. I don't run AISuite, and have no intentions too, plus it is of no help when I boot into Linux.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array SaLSouL PC Specs
    SaLSouL PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Extreme
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    Memory (part number)trident RGB CL16 3200mhz 32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Graphics Card #2MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980Ti
    Sound CardAstro A50 Wireless
    MonitorPhillips BDM4037U 40" 4k UHD Monitor
    Storage #1samsung 850 pro raid 0
    Storage #2WD Black 1tb Raid 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    CaseCoolermaster Cosmos 2
    Power SupplyCorsair ax 1200i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

OK, the problem is not a bad flash, the BIOS has been flashed correctly.

Here are two of your own posts on www.overclock.net that show that your board is also showing VDDP Voltage of 0.065v
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post27679638
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...l#post27642648

As far as your fans go, it doesn't actually matter what you set in the bios, as you are using AISuite to control the fans. I don't run AISuite, and have no intentions too, plus it is of no help when I boot into Linux.
    I have to admit ive never attempted to change the vddp voltage, ive not had a need too. 0.065v is what it has always shown, it has only been visible in the last 3 or 4 bios revisions I believe prior to that it was hidden. what should it be if not 0.065v

as far as fan control in the bios goes yes it does matter if you spend alot of time in the BIOS tweaking you dont want your fans ramping up on the default speeds of 70 /30 /25 high med low temp as 1500+rpm @ 40c is loud. BIOS fans calibration is important to me. Ai suite takes over fan control when boot is complete and at the desktop, if you dont install AI suite then the BIOS controls the fans in windows ive tested it extensively. You can search these forums and OC forums for my posts on fans and calibration problems that ive had with this MB there is plenty of them. its finally working as intended. I use the silent fan setting in windows when surfing / music general usage, i then switch to turbo for gaming. it has taken Asus 2 years to get a working version of AI suite for this MB.

As you are on linux there should be more programs available to you then myself on windows, AI suite (im not a fan - no pun intended) it terrible software but a necessary evil to keep my fans quiet.

what I found out is that the highest temp spike was around 20-25c for a few seconds if I set my middle temp a few degrees higher then the temp spike range ramping almost stopped, I say almost but it was alot better then it was.

New ROGer Array

I have to admit ive never attempted to change the vddp voltage, ive not had a need too. 0.065v is what it has always shown, it has only been visible in the last 3 or 4 bios revisions I believe prior to that it was hidden. what should it be if not 0.065v.
    VDDP voltage should be around .855v, raising VDDP voltage can help stabilise memory.

AI suite (im not a fan - no pun intended) it terrible software but a necessary evil to keep my fans quiet.
    If the BIOS worked correctly, I would have no need for third party software to control fans, if you want to use AISuite, that's fine, some of us would rather the BIOS on our premium mainboard, worked correctly.

It's pretty simple. I've found two faults that have been in at least the last four BIOS updates. I am attempting to get Asus to fix these faults, to do this, I require some very minor assistance from other Extreme owners, a simple screenshot of the VDDP voltage being reported incorrectly, and a mention if "fan smoothing up/down" is working on their board correctly. If I can get a half a dozen people to post that info, I'll forward this thread on to Asus tech support, and hopefully move things further up the line, and perhaps a resolution.

ROG Member Array Deflated PC Specs
    Deflated PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 1800X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Flare X F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorBenQ XL2720Z
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB
    Storage #2WD Black WD4003FZEX
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12S AM4 Edition
    CaseLian Li Lancool PC-K60
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K70 LUX
    Mouse Logitech G100s
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S530 Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

VDDP voltage should be around .855v, raising VDDP voltage can help stabilise memory.

If the BIOS worked correctly, I would have no need for third party software to control fans, if you want to use AISuite, that's fine, some of us would rather the BIOS on our premium mainboard, worked correctly.

It's pretty simple. I've found two faults that have been in at least the last four BIOS updates. I am attempting to get Asus to fix these faults, to do this, I require some very minor assistance from other Extreme owners, a simple screenshot of the VDDP voltage being reported incorrectly, and a mention if "fan smoothing up/down" is working on their board correctly. If I can get a half a dozen people to post that info, I'll forward this thread on to Asus tech support, and hopefully move things further up the line, and perhaps a resolution.
    As far as fan smoothing goes, it has never worked on my Hero version of the Crosshair VI motherboard. It is not only affecting Asus Crosshair X370 users; it is affecting Asus Maximus and Strix Intel users as well https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...n-step-up-time

ROG Junior Member Array

Hope that someone can help me,,
    hardware .. C6E mobo
    2700X
    Gskills tridentz 3200..

Bricked it.. error code E1 , red cpu light on, Flashback blue light continues to remain constant after the initial flashing to read usb. but goes to a solid blue.. followed the proceedure to flash bios 7002 .. goes through the Flash "says" sucessful.. Boot into bios.. have the cpu fan header warning boot into bios, so i can load settings from profile, I used the ezy flash rather than the Flashback as i did with bios 6401 that's compatible with the 2000 series cpu's. When i go to boot into windows the monitor display is running verticle lines all over the place.. not sure what happened.. and i've built a lot of pc's over the year.
    but i am unable to Flashback to either bios.. Anyone got a work around.. cheers.

SaLSouL PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

Quote Originally Posted by IN4M3 View Post
    Hope that someone can help me,, hardware .. C6E mobo2700XGskills tridentz 3200.. Bricked it.. error code E1 , red cpu light on, Flashback blue light continues to remain constant after the initial flashing to read usb. but goes to a solid blue.. followed the proceedure to flash bios 7002 .. goes through the Flash "says" sucessful.. Boot into bios.. have the cpu fan header warning boot into bios, so i can load settings from profile, I used the ezy flash rather than the Flashback as i did with bios 6401 that's compatible with the 2000 series cpu's. When i go to boot into windows the monitor display is running verticle lines all over the place.. not sure what happened.. and i've built a lot of pc's over the year. but i am unable to Flashback to either bios.. Anyone got a work around.. cheers.

Ive had this and did exactly like you did flashing 7002 from within BIOS 6401 using ez flash. got the F7>F9 reboot to E1 (softbrick) however I did not get the vertical lines as you did.

1. did you format your USB drive to FAT32?

2. Did you rename 7002 BIOS file to C6E.cap? (there is a BIOS renamer tool included in 7002)

3.Make sure C6E.cap is on the root of your USB drive and not inside a folder for example D:\C6E.cap

4. Reset your BIOS to default before flashing ?

5. Previous BIOS setting do not work on 7002 / AGESA code 0072a (so you will have to manually input them and test after flash)

Give your exact model of ram and how many sticks, 2 kits or 1 kit etc...

Good Luck
    Last edited by SaLSouL; 05-26-2019 at 08:35 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

recovered :D

Ive had this and did exactly like you did flashing 7002 from within BIOS 6401 using ez flash. got the F7>F9 reboot to E1 (softbrick) however I did not get the vertical lines as you did.

1. did you format your USB drive to FAT32?

2. Did you rename 7002 BIOS file to C6E.cap? (there is a BIOS renamer tool included in 7002)

3.Make sure C6E.cap is on the root of your USB drive and not inside a folder for example D:\C6E.cap

4. Reset your BIOS to default before flashing ?

5. Previous BIOS setting do not work on 7002 / AGESA code 0072a (so you will have to manually input them and test after flash)

Give your exact model of ram and how many sticks, 2 kits or 1 kit etc...

Good Luck
    Thanks got it up and r
    cheers

SaLSouL PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

Quote Originally Posted by IN4M3 View Post
    Thanks got it up and r
    cheers

Glad I could help

SaLSouL PC Specs
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700x
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i
    OS Win 10 x64 pro

ROGod,

I cannot seem to respond to your posts at all I get access denied, and also got Access Denied for your PM so hope fully you can read this.

Hi,

It has not been announced yet as far as I know, there is noting in the BIOS to say PCIe 4 is available, I do remember reading somewhere (not here) that theoretically the only constraint is that the traces to the PCIe lane have to be within 6""in length from the CPU socket, any further away and a re-trace is required for PCIe 4.0 .

i will try to find that source and post back

Regards

Sal
    Last edited by SaLSouL; 05-31-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast