cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any chance of Aura getting a full rewrite?

PilleniusMC
Level 7
Like really, they added addressable/digital RGB headers, but the effects are lackluster at best. There is still no effect creator and don't even get me started on effects per header and device. It's just silly, that Asus says Aura is important to them and then not even add BASIC features that should have been in since the introduction of Aura.
Now we have so much hardware which works with AURA, and also so many different other standards, but the software of the motherboard manufacturer are pretty much behind everyone else, who is doing such hardware, even behind hobbyists, that made their own solutions, because they weren't happy with what is on the market.
14 REPLIES 14

Shanester
Level 10
PilleniusMC wrote:
Like really, they added addressable/digital RGB headers, but the effects are lackluster at best. There is still no effect creator and don't even get me started on effects per header and device. It's just silly, that Asus says Aura is important to them and then not even add BASIC features that should have been in since the introduction of Aura.
Now we have so much hardware which works with AURA, and also so many different other standards, but the software of the motherboard manufacturer are pretty much behind everyone else, who is doing such hardware, even behind hobbyists, that made their own solutions, because they weren't happy with what is on the market.

I like your enthusiasm and logic. However, I'm afraid that it will fall of deaf ears. First of all ASUS rarely takes advice from there end-users. And secondly, it's becoming second hand knowledge that ASUS software and overall support isn't the greatest. And this isn't just for their software. Just search the forums and you'll see countless users pleading for help...it's almost like purchasing a premier product knowing that you're not going to get 100% functionality from it. I'm not here to bash. Several of my past and present builds have been built using only ASUS components. However, I will tell you that the level of quality has dropped considerably overall.

I find it really sad, that this is the situation. I wouldn't want to rant about it if the API supplied everything one would need, like device mapping for all RGB devices. That's my problem, they supply the API but it is also missing the most basic features you would want.

It is a real shame because the hardware is great, unfortunately my current build will be my last with an Asus product in it.

yes please for God Sake Make a complete new software!!

Why u need different software like aura armory halo live dash? Why it cant be one?

and each software has each presets.seriously? and if one open other need to complete turn off, hell lot of restarts kill process bla bla :mad:

U know we spend Huge for your products although u welly know ur products are overpriced. offcourse nobody force me to buy, but then ur false ads make us to buy and endup with aura sync issues and random stuffs or all led not work in each time !!

so for godsake Please Make 1 software for all either its tweak or live dash or aura, make all in 1 software insted of 5 6 software!

Atleast add the armory presets to aura as well!

Yeah, they could just rewrite AI Suite from the ground up with all these other applications merged into it. Ease of use would also benefit from that.
What I also never understood was, why is there an Aura just for the graphics cards? The normal Aura can already detect which devices there are.

bump

I have been still longing for this ...
in desperation ...

Seriously? Four months already? And still not possible? Come on Asus, you can do much better.

PilleniusMC wrote:
Seriously? Four months already? And still not possible? Come on Asus, you can do much better.

Its crickets all the way down, dont even get me started about the HALO software....