Fractal Designs Meshify S2 Dark TG
ASUS Maximus XI Hero
Intel Core i9-9900K
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3600
EVGA Supernova 750w G3 PSU
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe SSD
EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 XC Ultra
4x Corsair LL140 RGB fans

When I first booted, first thing I did was pop into BIOs and set the DRAM frequency to DDR4-3600 (the BIOs selected 2133MHz by default). However, I was having stability problems when attempting to install W10 - IE, BSoD, ntoskernel errors, etc. It wasn't until I went back to default that I could actually install everything.

I'm new to some of the OC stuff - Could someone tell me how to properly configure my OC for this RAM?

The part number is:
F4-3600C17Q-32GTZR

... And yes, it's on the QVL. :cool:
7 REPLIES 7

FornaxLacerta
Level 7
did you upgrade your bios to 0903 yet?

FornaxLacerta wrote:
did you upgrade your bios to 0903 yet?

Sure did.

R3N3G4D3 wrote:
Sure did.

Did you set XMP profile or change 3600 MHz freq only?

Try load default settings (F5). When setting XMP try to not enable Multicore Enhancement - it may help as starting point.
If it will not help, return back to BIOS 0602 and give a try:)

PS. I had issues with TridentZ 3600 CL16 (not from QVL), waiting for F4-3866Q18-32GTZR, so I'm very interested in your issue.

cniedzi wrote:
Did you set XMP profile or change 3600 MHz freq only?

Try load default settings (F5). When setting XMP try to not enable Multicore Enhancement - it may help as starting point.
If it will not help, return back to BIOS 0602 and give a try:)

PS. I had issues with TridentZ 3600 CL16 (not from QVL), waiting for F4-3866Q18-32GTZR, so I'm very interested in your issue.

All I did was change the DRAM Frequency to 3600 - Didn't mess with any XMP stuff. I set it to DDR4-3200 without adjusting voltage or anything, and it's going pretty stable now. Wonder if maybe I need to slightly increase voltage to it or something?

Again, I'm nub on the OC stuff. Which is why I'm here 😄

NemesisChild
Level 12
R3N3G4D3 wrote:
Hello All,

I just finished a new build w/ following specs:

Fractal Designs Meshify S2 Dark TG
ASUS Maximus XI Hero
Intel Core i9-9900K
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3600
EVGA Supernova 750w G3 PSU
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe SSD
EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 XC Ultra
4x Corsair LL140 RGB fans

When I first booted, first thing I did was pop into BIOs and set the DRAM frequency to DDR4-3600 (the BIOs selected 2133MHz by default). However, I was having stability problems when attempting to install W10 - IE, BSoD, ntoskernel errors, etc. It wasn't until I went back to default that I could actually install everything.

I'm new to some of the OC stuff - Could someone tell me how to properly configure my OC for this RAM?

The part number is:
F4-3600C17Q-32GTZR

... And yes, it's on the QVL. :cool:

Since you manually set the frequency, did you also enter the base timings and DRAM voltage?

If you're not familiar or comfortable doing this, then try enabling the XMP profile.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Since you manually set the frequency, did you also enter the base timings and DRAM voltage?

If you're not familiar or comfortable doing this, then try enabling the XMP profile.

Thanks man! Looks like that did it. Should have done some research on this.

Appreciate the help.

Just to let you know, as soon as you enable XMP the board changes the IA AC/DC loadline auto values from 1.2 mOhm to 0.01. This means your VID and Vcore voltages will suddenly be lower (unless you change to fixed voltage or change other settings to compensate).