cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG GL704GW charging issue

NecroMissedYa
Level 7
So i bought this laptop abot a month ago, it was fine and still is, but one of the programs is giving me a hard time.

Since this laptop has a built-in battery, the only was to save the lifespan of it is to DL Asus's utility called ''Asus battery health charging''.

It...kinda works. I can set it to 60% max battery and it'll keep it there and not go ove rit...when it feels like it. If i leave my laptop on overnight i can wake up to it charging it to maximum.
Which i'd understand if it was off, but it wasn't even asleep, the screen was off, that was it, i have sleep disabled cause for some reason the whole ****ing thing starts a rave show when in sleep mode and the ''Asus armoury crate'' is useless cause it forces my 2070 to be always active, makes my CPU constantly on turbo and makes my fans spin up to 4000+ RPM keeping them there. Basically all in all it's a **** program.

Now back to the health charging thing, why does it **** up that much? Even after a reboot it's like it doesn't even know the program is running and keeps charging the battery to max, i have to go and redo the whole selection on the program.

Anyone else with this issue or a possible fix? Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

harshil
Level 7
NecroMissedYa wrote:
So i bought this laptop abot a month ago, it was fine and still is, but one of the programs is giving me a hard time.

Since this laptop has a built-in battery, the only was to save the lifespan of it is to DL Asus's utility called ''Asus battery health charging''.

It...kinda works. I can set it to 60% max battery and it'll keep it there and not go ove rit...when it feels like it. If i leave my laptop on overnight i can wake up to it charging it to maximum.
Which i'd understand if it was off, but it wasn't even asleep, the screen was off, that was it, i have sleep disabled cause for some reason the whole ****ing thing starts a rave show when in sleep mode and the ''Asus armoury crate'' is useless cause it forces my 2070 to be always active, makes my CPU constantly on turbo and makes my fans spin up to 4000+ RPM keeping them there. Basically all in all it's a **** program.

Now back to the health charging thing, why does it **** up that much? Even after a reboot it's like it doesn't even know the program is running and keeps charging the battery to max, i have to go and redo the whole selection on the program.

Anyone else with this issue or a possible fix? Thanks!

I am using MyAsus app from windows store and selected the balanced mode for 80% battery charge: been a week no issues, even charging when in sleep or shut down cant go over 80% unless i switch setting.

So try using MyAsus app