cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z370-F - Random freezes after bios / ME update

Mugga
Level 7
Hey guys,
I had some issues the last month with some usb devices, so I decided to update my bios from 0606 to latest 1802. I also updated ME like adviced by asus.

Everything went fine, and my usb issues were gone. But now I got massive problems with random "kind" of freezes in windows. It isnt a real freeze, I can move the mouse, can switch tabs in chrome can switch to opended programs. But I can't browse in chrome anymore, I can't open new programs or task manager, and I also cant reboot. I have to hard reset the pc.

After that everything boots fine, but the issue stays. Strange thing is that it is completely random. Sometimes this "freeze" happends after 2min system use, sometimes after 2 hours. I looked up the windows protocols but no real hints. Only thing I can see that when this freeze happends there is and information entry "windows error reporting" for every app/task on my pc.

I'm running windows 10. What I tried is reverting to lower bios, but lowest I could go was 1601 but that didnt change a thing. I tried a clean windows install, but same problem. I'm really out of ideas.

Hope someone could help.
0 REPLIES 0