cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIMM.2 questions

K3_707
Level 7
So I have had nothing but issues with the DIMM.2 card since I first tried to use it. I cannot get it to show the second drive no matter what I do (seriously spent days trying) I am still pretty new to PC's so bare with me if I sound dumb or the solution is obvious, ty. BIOS wouldn't recognize two drives simultaneously and I thought maybe I was running out of PCIe lanes (SLI with dual NVMe M.2's one for boot one for games) so I had to give my 7800X to a friend and buy a 7920X so I'd have the lanes necessary. Still wouldn't recognize the second drive.

So I eventually and very reluctantly put the second 960 Pro in the other port on the MOBO , under the GPUs. That worked however I wasn't happy with that solution as I have full custom hard line loops and it's a very labor intensive task to get to where that M.2 port is on the MOBO. Haven't had an issue for the past 6 months or so.
Fast forward to today and I decided to try to install thermistors on the DIMM.2 module and I can't find ANYTHING online anywhere as to which thermistors to use here. Or where to plug them in, I am using thermistors that came with the fan extension card so I'm pretty sure I am doing this completely wrong.

My best guess so far is that this DIMM.2 module has the sensors built in and it doesnt need the ones I was trying to use here. I haven't actually tried to use them yet, just got fed up with guessing and figured I'd hit the Google but low and behold, not a single thing online to help, that I could find. It's just like when I was trying to find info on the DIMM.2 6 months ago. There is very little info out there to find on how to do basically anything with these besides a basic install tutorial. So if anyone has any real world, first hand experience with these and can shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it. TIA K3
2 REPLIES 2

JuSiZ1
Level 10
You can use any 10kOhm thermistors on dimm.2 or any motherboards temperature pins. I use 970pro and 950pro drives on dimm.2 socket on my Omega board and working fine. Are dimm.2 socket pushed to bottom?

K3_707
Level 7
Yeah the M.2 sockets were seated all the way. I am not the only Rampage VI Ex owner to have this same issue with only one drive registering. I found another thread where the guy has the same MOBO, same CPU, and had the same exact issue. Only the first socket works. After I finish the maintenance on it I will try again. Thank you for your help, now I know I can use those thermistors anywhere, that's a relief. I thought I was gonna look like such a noob if I had them hooked up wrong lol