Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Crosshair Hero VII x470 WiFi 32GB at 3333Mhz BIOS 2103

Just an FYI I finally got my Samsung B-Die 32GB (2x16) working at 3333 stable and I can boot into 3400 (but its not stable).

Attached is a screenshot of the settings that worked for me in case someone else wants to experiment.

I udnerstand people have gotten higher speeds but that was more than likely on a 16GB 2x8 platform. It is much harder to get faster speeds on a 2x16.

If anyone has faster speeds stable with a 2x16 (32GB) please post a screenshot of all of your settings so I can give it a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryzen_3333.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	79831

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Rewerend PC Specs
    Rewerend PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair V Formula - Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-9370
    Memory (part number)2 x KHX23C11T3K2/8X
    Graphics Card #1R9 Fury X 4gb Sapphire
    Sound CardAsus Xonar Phoebus
    MonitorSAMSUNG U28E590D 28" uHD + freeSync
    Storage #1Samsung SSD EVO 540 250Gb
    Storage #2Seagate 7200.14 2TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H105
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II
    Power SupplyENERMAX ERV1000EWT-G Revolution87+ 1000W Gold
    Keyboard Microsoft SideWinder X6
    Mouse Saitek MAD CATZ R.A.T. 7
    Headset Asus ROG Orion
    Mouse Pad Steel Series PAD
    Headset/Speakers Genius Home Theather SW 5.1
    OS MS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-N18U
    Accessory #1 Zalman ZM-MFC3 FAN/TEMP CONTROLLER

Hello I have been able to boot and I am still in use after bunch of tests, so I consider as working timings with G.Skill TridenZ 2x8GB on 3466Mhz 14-15-15-15 T1. I can post screens later.
    It´s on 2103 too and that timings are tighter compared to 1201, I have been able only get stable on 3400 with almost same timings….
    I want to try higher speeds later.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lothos View Post
    Just an FYI I finally got my Samsung B-Die 32GB (2x16) working at 3333 stable and I can boot into 3400 (but its not stable).

Attached is a screenshot of the settings that worked for me in case someone else wants to experiment.

I udnerstand people have gotten higher speeds but that was more than likely on a 16GB 2x8 platform. It is much harder to get faster speeds on a 2x16.

If anyone has faster speeds stable with a 2x16 (32GB) please post a screenshot of all of your settings so I can give it a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryzen_3333.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	79831
    Thanks for sharing and for the screenshot. I have the same hardware so I might give it a try at some point. I still haven't updated to BIOS 2103 yet, but it seems promising.

ROG Member Array Othello PC Specs
    Othello PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crossfire VII Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    Memory (part number)G Skill F4-2933C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix Vega 64
    MonitorSamsung C27HG7x, Acer B273HU
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO M2 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 PRO 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i PRO AIO
    CaseCorsair Graphite Sersies 780T
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Steelseries WoW Cataclysm
    Headset Logitech G930
    OS WIN10 Pro

I have 2x16GB Gskill ram and used your settings for 3333MHz and so far it works great. Will eventually work on 3400MHz and if successful will post settings.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Othello View Post
    I have 2x16GB Gskill ram and used your settings for 3333MHz and so far it works great. Will eventually work on 3400MHz and if successful will post settings.
    I was wrong, i did get a random crash today and when I reboot the PC it started beeping allot. I had to unplug it to make sure the memory got a full reset. Its almost stable at 3333Mhz but there is just something thats preventing it from getting over the hump. Its like 99.9% there.

I had to go back to my 3266 settings to get it 100% stable even on reboot.

This sucks because it passed Intel Burn Test on Very High Settings and still does.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lothos View Post
    I was wrong, i did get a random crash today and when I reboot the PC it started beeping allot. I had to unplug it to make sure the memory got a full reset. Its almost stable at 3333Mhz but there is just something thats preventing it from getting over the hump. Its like 99.9% there.

I had to go back to my 3266 settings to get it 100% stable even on reboot.

This sucks because it passed Intel Burn Test on Very High Settings and still does.
    I have read some recommendations for testing OCs with several reboots and cold boots, since those often catch instability more quickly than stress tests.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I am wondering if I mess with the power down setting that would solve the issue I have with the 3333 on a reboot.

Anyways, anyone else messing with any settings and can post what they did?

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

one of the best stability tests for memory OC is long periods of gaming, and daily normal computer use

game stutter, crashes, etc. is good indicators that memory settings is messed up

If the system shut down on reboot, or simply reboot = not stable, not by far

passing intel burntest is only a indication, that you infact passed the stress test, nothing else (it has not much to do with stability)

launch you favorite FPS game and play for 3 hours straight, if the system is performing good without flaws, then your on the right way to get your memory OC stable

Good luck ))
    Last edited by Rockford; 04-08-2019 at 12:35 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Looks like I got 3333 stable, my earlier settings are still the same with 2 exceptions

Lowered the Voltage to the DDR4 memory to 1.365

and

use the alternate settings for TRFC, TRFC2 and TRFC4

That seems to have done the trick and I can now reboot etc... played a few games last night and it was solid. Not a single crash and passed Intel Burn Test 10 passes with Very High Settings.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Had a major breatkthrough last night, I was able to get the PC to go into Windows (even rebooting) with 3400MHz using 2x16 (32GB).

It would pass Intel Burn test most of the time (not all of the time).

I am still messing with the timings but I found was that the higher the clocks the less the motherboard liked for me to increase the voltage on the DRAM.

For example with it set to 3266Mhz I was able to get it stable and used 1.365 volts with 14CL timings.

I got similiar timings to work with 3333Mhz with minor changes to the Ohm portion and the voltage stayed the same.

When I went for 3400Mhz leaving everything the same it would not post and the board would just beep. I spent several hours trying to just get it post and then for a goof instead of raising the DRAM voltage I lowered it to 1.36 and WALLLA it booted up at 3400Mhz. I started making adjustments to the timings and its almost stable. I need more time to wrap it up but it boots up just fine, reboot just fine it just fails (sometimes) on intel burn test.

I did find what appears to be a hard cap on the board (the old Crosshair with AM3 had a similiar hard cap). No matter what I do I can't get it to even try and post at 3466Mhz or higher with a 2x16 (32Gb) setup. Board immediately starts beeping and wont even try to post and it does not matter what I do with the timings or voltage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast