cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair Hero VII x470 WiFi 32GB at 3333Mhz BIOS 2103

Lothos
Level 7
Just an FYI I finally got my Samsung B-Die 32GB (2x16) working at 3333 stable and I can boot into 3400 (but its not stable).

Attached is a screenshot of the settings that worked for me in case someone else wants to experiment.

I udnerstand people have gotten higher speeds but that was more than likely on a 16GB 2x8 platform. It is much harder to get faster speeds on a 2x16.

If anyone has faster speeds stable with a 2x16 (32GB) please post a screenshot of all of your settings so I can give it a try.

9 REPLIES 9

Rewerend
Level 9
Hello I have been able to boot and I am still in use after bunch of tests, so I consider as working timings with G.Skill TridenZ 2x8GB on 3466Mhz 14-15-15-15 T1. I can post screens later.
It´s on 2103 too and that timings are tighter compared to 1201, I have been able only get stable on 3400 with almost same timings….
I want to try higher speeds later.

gorpo
Level 7
Lothos wrote:
Just an FYI I finally got my Samsung B-Die 32GB (2x16) working at 3333 stable and I can boot into 3400 (but its not stable).

Attached is a screenshot of the settings that worked for me in case someone else wants to experiment.

I udnerstand people have gotten higher speeds but that was more than likely on a 16GB 2x8 platform. It is much harder to get faster speeds on a 2x16.

If anyone has faster speeds stable with a 2x16 (32GB) please post a screenshot of all of your settings so I can give it a try.

Thanks for sharing and for the screenshot. I have the same hardware so I might give it a try at some point. I still haven't updated to BIOS 2103 yet, but it seems promising.

I have 2x16GB Gskill ram and used your settings for 3333MHz and so far it works great. Will eventually work on 3400MHz and if successful will post settings.

Othello wrote:
I have 2x16GB Gskill ram and used your settings for 3333MHz and so far it works great. Will eventually work on 3400MHz and if successful will post settings.

I was wrong, i did get a random crash today and when I reboot the PC it started beeping allot. I had to unplug it to make sure the memory got a full reset. Its almost stable at 3333Mhz but there is just something thats preventing it from getting over the hump. Its like 99.9% there.

I had to go back to my 3266 settings to get it 100% stable even on reboot.

This sucks because it passed Intel Burn Test on Very High Settings and still does.

Lothos wrote:
I was wrong, i did get a random crash today and when I reboot the PC it started beeping allot. I had to unplug it to make sure the memory got a full reset. Its almost stable at 3333Mhz but there is just something thats preventing it from getting over the hump. Its like 99.9% there.

I had to go back to my 3266 settings to get it 100% stable even on reboot.

This sucks because it passed Intel Burn Test on Very High Settings and still does.

I have read some recommendations for testing OCs with several reboots and cold boots, since those often catch instability more quickly than stress tests.

Lothos
Level 7
I am wondering if I mess with the power down setting that would solve the issue I have with the 3333 on a reboot.

Anyways, anyone else messing with any settings and can post what they did?

Lothos
Level 7
Looks like I got 3333 stable, my earlier settings are still the same with 2 exceptions

Lowered the Voltage to the DDR4 memory to 1.365

and

use the alternate settings for TRFC, TRFC2 and TRFC4

That seems to have done the trick and I can now reboot etc... played a few games last night and it was solid. Not a single crash and passed Intel Burn Test 10 passes with Very High Settings.

Lothos
Level 7
Had a major breatkthrough last night, I was able to get the PC to go into Windows (even rebooting) with 3400MHz using 2x16 (32GB).

It would pass Intel Burn test most of the time (not all of the time).

I am still messing with the timings but I found was that the higher the clocks the less the motherboard liked for me to increase the voltage on the DRAM.

For example with it set to 3266Mhz I was able to get it stable and used 1.365 volts with 14CL timings.

I got similiar timings to work with 3333Mhz with minor changes to the Ohm portion and the voltage stayed the same.

When I went for 3400Mhz leaving everything the same it would not post and the board would just beep. I spent several hours trying to just get it post and then for a goof instead of raising the DRAM voltage I lowered it to 1.36 and WALLLA it booted up at 3400Mhz. I started making adjustments to the timings and its almost stable. I need more time to wrap it up but it boots up just fine, reboot just fine it just fails (sometimes) on intel burn test.

I did find what appears to be a hard cap on the board (the old Crosshair with AM3 had a similiar hard cap). No matter what I do I can't get it to even try and post at 3466Mhz or higher with a 2x16 (32Gb) setup. Board immediately starts beeping and wont even try to post and it does not matter what I do with the timings or voltage.

Lothos
Level 7
I got 3400Mhz stable with a 2x16 (32GB), I had to use the V2 settings in the Ryzen DRAM Calculator but combined it with settings that I read off the ram I have using HWINFO to get them. I will post the full timings but it was something like 18-20-20-20-36-58 (something like that).

For some reason the Crosshair VII motherboard will not let you put ODD number timings (15,17,19) for the CL. It must always be an even number and if you do put an odd number it always pushes it up to an even number. I have not tried to tighten up yet to see if I can squeeze a bit more performance.

The other big thing I noticed is the following

- Asus motherboard hard cap of 3466Mhz for 2x16 (32GB) memory. It will not post at all and I think there is something in the BIOS that simply prevents it completely
- As you push the MHz up it is best to push the DRAM voltage down (instead of up). For example the settings I got stable is at 1.36 volts on the DRAM. If I leave the settings exactly the same and set the voltage to 1.365 then the motherboard will not post. Now if I bring the Mhz down then the motherboard lets me use higher voltages.