cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROD Balteus Mousepad LED Issue?

harbingernight1
Level 7
Hey, not sure if this is in the right place... but I got this mousepad earlier... and I have it synced to everything else with Aura... but this is the only device that has these LED's stuttering between colors...

Tried on another computer by itself. same issue...

I can replace it through amazon if this is not normal... but as I've never had this mousepad before, I can't tell if this is normal or not... I just find it weird that its the only device doing this.

The mouse is synced as well, and as you can see the colors shift seamlessly

7 REPLIES 7

1mluer
Level 11
I'd like to help but we need to know a little more. What settings do you have on aura sync and it looks like it's set on fast. I just bought a balteus but haven't un-boxed it yet. Are you on the latest version of armory? just checking a few things before saying anything.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
I'd like to help but we need to know a little more. What settings do you have on aura sync and it looks like it's set on fast. I just bought a balteus but haven't un-boxed it yet. Are you on the latest version of armory? just checking a few things before saying anything.

Newest version of Aura.
It is set to Color Cycle.
Color Cycle does not have a Speed Adjustment.
When set to Rainbow (type Color Cycle) on slow it is a lot less noticable, but still obvious if looking closely. It just seems stuttery.
I did not have Armory installed. I do now.
Checked for firmware update, no update available.
When controlled through Armory, it appears to be seamless

Armory however, is not ideal for me as it can only sync the mousepad, mouse, and keyboard.

It shouldn’t matter but:
Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Ryzen 2700X
32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB
ROG Strix Vega 64
Windows 10 x64 (fully updated, new install last week)*

1mluer
Level 11
I think Armory is designed to work with Aura Sync and provides a platform to control peripherals. I agree they need to start bringing all of these different softwares into one solution but for now it is not going to negatively impact you.. just mentally 🙂

It's like loading livedash for my RYUO 240 AIO. a necessary evil till they consolidate software with all the new products.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

So, I ended up returning my Balteus anyways in favor of the Balteus Qi... and can confirm that this issue is commonplace for Balteus Mousepads.

The mousepad works normally when controlled by Armory, however when Aura takes over, the mousepad kinda just... lags

I guess it's just one of those things that I hope they will address in a future software/firmware update...

I think my current solution is going to have my tower controlled by Aura, and then have the mouse/keyboard/mousepad controlled by armory and have 2 different "areas" i guess.... but hopefully in the future they'll let me control the mousepad better through Aura.

And I feel your pain with the AIO... I have the thermaltake one. Thankfully thermaltake has an RGB sync controller that is compatible with Aura... it has 9 headers... guess who had 10 devices? So I now have 9 fans synced together, and then I'm using the Thermaltake Software to control the AIO pump... luckily theres an option to reflect the CPU Temp. Gradients from Blue to Red depending on Temp, so I actually like having that single piece unsynced.

harbingernight182 wrote:
So, I ended up returning my Balteus anyways in favor of the Balteus Qi... and can confirm that this issue is commonplace for Balteus Mousepads.

The mousepad works normally when controlled by Armory, however when Aura takes over, the mousepad kinda just... lags

I guess it's just one of those things that I hope they will address in a future software/firmware update...

I think my current solution is going to have my tower controlled by Aura, and then have the mouse/keyboard/mousepad controlled by armory and have 2 different "areas" i guess.... but hopefully in the future they'll let me control the mousepad better through Aura.

And I feel your pain with the AIO... I have the thermaltake one. Thankfully thermaltake has an RGB sync controller that is compatible with Aura... it has 9 headers... guess who had 10 devices? So I now have 9 fans synced together, and then I'm using the Thermaltake Software to control the AIO pump... luckily theres an option to reflect the CPU Temp. Gradients from Blue to Red depending on Temp, so I actually like having that single piece unsynced.

At least it's all ASUS software. I believe sometime they will get around to the integration of this software and you will be in the drivers seat then. Could you image having 4 different products with 4 different software loaded and all fighting for the use of temperature and other sensors, light control, USB 2.0 but etc.. It can get ugly.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
At least it's all ASUS software. I believe sometime they will get around to the integration of this software and you will be in the drivers seat then. Could you image having 4 different products with 4 different software loaded and all fighting for the use of temperature and other sensors, light control, USB 2.0 but etc.. It can get ugly.

u post a video abt ur complaint so we can understand better

paru055 wrote:
u post a video abt ur complaint so we can understand better

I posted a video in my original post of the issue this thread is about.