Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array harbingernight182 PC Specs
    harbingernight182 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X (OC 4.122GHz)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 4x8GB (OC - 3296)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix Radeon RX Vega 64
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
    Storage #2HP EX920 1TB + 8TB HDD + 2x3TB HDD(RAID1)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe RGB 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 RGB
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteus Qi
    OS Windows 10 64bit

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    ROD Balteus Mousepad LED Issue?

    Hey, not sure if this is in the right place... but I got this mousepad earlier... and I have it synced to everything else with Aura... but this is the only device that has these LED's stuttering between colors...

    Tried on another computer by itself. same issue...

    I can replace it through amazon if this is not normal... but as I've never had this mousepad before, I can't tell if this is normal or not... I just find it weird that its the only device doing this.

    The mouse is synced as well, and as you can see the colors shift seamlessly

    https://youtu.be/koewoBB1l7E

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1mluer PC Specs
    1mluer PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Apex & Maximus XI Apex's
    ProcessorI7-7700k & I9-9900k
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266 & 3200 DC
    Graphics Card #1MSI Sea Hawk 1080 & ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Sound Cardbuilt in for both
    MonitorSamsung 27inch & ASUS Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro & Samsung 970 Pro
    CPU CoolerRyuo 240 & Ryujin 360
    CaseInWin 909 Black & InWin 909 Silver
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000w Titanium & ROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard Corsair K95 & ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech G902 & ASUS Gladius II Origin
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 & ASUS ROG Baltheus
    Headset/Speakers Bose Computer Set with Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro all around
    Network RouterLinksys EA 9500
    Accessory #1 Corsair LL / Commander Pro & TT Riing Plus
    Accessory #2 Blue Microphone

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    320

    I'd like to help but we need to know a little more. What settings do you have on aura sync and it looks like it's set on fast. I just bought a balteus but haven't un-boxed it yet. Are you on the latest version of armory? just checking a few things before saying anything.
    Inwin 909 Black RGB build
    i7-7700k
    ROG Maximus IX Apex
    1080 Sea Hawk
    Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266

    InWin 909 Silver RGB build
    i9-9900k
    ROG Maximus XI Apex
    ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Gskill TridentZ RGB DC 3200 64g

    Everything overclocked and love it.
    ROG Awesomeness !!!!

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array harbingernight182 PC Specs
    harbingernight182 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X (OC 4.122GHz)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 4x8GB (OC - 3296)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix Radeon RX Vega 64
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
    Storage #2HP EX920 1TB + 8TB HDD + 2x3TB HDD(RAID1)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe RGB 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 RGB
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteus Qi
    OS Windows 10 64bit

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by 1mluer View Post
    I'd like to help but we need to know a little more. What settings do you have on aura sync and it looks like it's set on fast. I just bought a balteus but haven't un-boxed it yet. Are you on the latest version of armory? just checking a few things before saying anything.

    Newest version of Aura.
    It is set to Color Cycle.
    Color Cycle does not have a Speed Adjustment.
    When set to Rainbow (type Color Cycle) on slow it is a lot less noticable, but still obvious if looking closely. It just seems stuttery.
    *
    I did not have Armory installed. I do now.
    Checked for firmware update, no update available.
    When controlled through Armory, it appears to be seamless

    Armory however, is not ideal for me as it can only sync the mousepad, mouse, and keyboard.

    **
    It shouldn’t matter but:
    Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
    Ryzen 2700X
    32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB
    ROG Strix Vega 64
    Windows 10 x64 (fully updated, new install last week)*

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1mluer PC Specs
    1mluer PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Apex & Maximus XI Apex's
    ProcessorI7-7700k & I9-9900k
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266 & 3200 DC
    Graphics Card #1MSI Sea Hawk 1080 & ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Sound Cardbuilt in for both
    MonitorSamsung 27inch & ASUS Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro & Samsung 970 Pro
    CPU CoolerRyuo 240 & Ryujin 360
    CaseInWin 909 Black & InWin 909 Silver
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000w Titanium & ROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard Corsair K95 & ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech G902 & ASUS Gladius II Origin
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 & ASUS ROG Baltheus
    Headset/Speakers Bose Computer Set with Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro all around
    Network RouterLinksys EA 9500
    Accessory #1 Corsair LL / Commander Pro & TT Riing Plus
    Accessory #2 Blue Microphone

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    320

    I think Armory is designed to work with Aura Sync and provides a platform to control peripherals. I agree they need to start bringing all of these different softwares into one solution but for now it is not going to negatively impact you.. just mentally

    It's like loading livedash for my RYUO 240 AIO. a necessary evil till they consolidate software with all the new products.
    Inwin 909 Black RGB build
    i7-7700k
    ROG Maximus IX Apex
    1080 Sea Hawk
    Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266

    InWin 909 Silver RGB build
    i9-9900k
    ROG Maximus XI Apex
    ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Gskill TridentZ RGB DC 3200 64g

    Everything overclocked and love it.
    ROG Awesomeness !!!!

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array harbingernight182 PC Specs
    harbingernight182 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X (OC 4.122GHz)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 4x8GB (OC - 3296)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix Radeon RX Vega 64
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
    Storage #2HP EX920 1TB + 8TB HDD + 2x3TB HDD(RAID1)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe RGB 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 RGB
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteus Qi
    OS Windows 10 64bit

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    So, I ended up returning my Balteus anyways in favor of the Balteus Qi... and can confirm that this issue is commonplace for Balteus Mousepads.

    The mousepad works normally when controlled by Armory, however when Aura takes over, the mousepad kinda just... lags

    I guess it's just one of those things that I hope they will address in a future software/firmware update...

    I think my current solution is going to have my tower controlled by Aura, and then have the mouse/keyboard/mousepad controlled by armory and have 2 different "areas" i guess.... but hopefully in the future they'll let me control the mousepad better through Aura.

    And I feel your pain with the AIO... I have the thermaltake one. Thankfully thermaltake has an RGB sync controller that is compatible with Aura... it has 9 headers... guess who had 10 devices? So I now have 9 fans synced together, and then I'm using the Thermaltake Software to control the AIO pump... luckily theres an option to reflect the CPU Temp. Gradients from Blue to Red depending on Temp, so I actually like having that single piece unsynced.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	79902

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1mluer PC Specs
    1mluer PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IX Apex & Maximus XI Apex's
    ProcessorI7-7700k & I9-9900k
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266 & 3200 DC
    Graphics Card #1MSI Sea Hawk 1080 & ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Sound Cardbuilt in for both
    MonitorSamsung 27inch & ASUS Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro & Samsung 970 Pro
    CPU CoolerRyuo 240 & Ryujin 360
    CaseInWin 909 Black & InWin 909 Silver
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000w Titanium & ROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard Corsair K95 & ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech G902 & ASUS Gladius II Origin
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 & ASUS ROG Baltheus
    Headset/Speakers Bose Computer Set with Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro all around
    Network RouterLinksys EA 9500
    Accessory #1 Corsair LL / Commander Pro & TT Riing Plus
    Accessory #2 Blue Microphone

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    33
    Posts
    320

    Quote Originally Posted by harbingernight182 View Post
    So, I ended up returning my Balteus anyways in favor of the Balteus Qi... and can confirm that this issue is commonplace for Balteus Mousepads.

    The mousepad works normally when controlled by Armory, however when Aura takes over, the mousepad kinda just... lags

    I guess it's just one of those things that I hope they will address in a future software/firmware update...

    I think my current solution is going to have my tower controlled by Aura, and then have the mouse/keyboard/mousepad controlled by armory and have 2 different "areas" i guess.... but hopefully in the future they'll let me control the mousepad better through Aura.

    And I feel your pain with the AIO... I have the thermaltake one. Thankfully thermaltake has an RGB sync controller that is compatible with Aura... it has 9 headers... guess who had 10 devices? So I now have 9 fans synced together, and then I'm using the Thermaltake Software to control the AIO pump... luckily theres an option to reflect the CPU Temp. Gradients from Blue to Red depending on Temp, so I actually like having that single piece unsynced.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	79902
    At least it's all ASUS software. I believe sometime they will get around to the integration of this software and you will be in the drivers seat then. Could you image having 4 different products with 4 different software loaded and all fighting for the use of temperature and other sensors, light control, USB 2.0 but etc.. It can get ugly.
    Inwin 909 Black RGB build
    i7-7700k
    ROG Maximus IX Apex
    1080 Sea Hawk
    Gskill Trident Z RGB 4266

    InWin 909 Silver RGB build
    i9-9900k
    ROG Maximus XI Apex
    ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Gskill TridentZ RGB DC 3200 64g

    Everything overclocked and love it.
    ROG Awesomeness !!!!

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array paru055 PC Specs
    paru055 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog Ramapage Extreme vi
    ProcessorIntel i9 7900x
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengence Pro 2666 64 GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix 1080ti 11GB
    MonitorSamsung syncmaster 2000
    Storage #1SSD NVME 1TB samsung
    Storage #212 TB HDD Segate
    CPU CoolerAsus Rog Ryo 240
    CaseCoolermaster C700m Cosmos
    Power SupplyAsus ROG Thor 850W
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore Core
    Mouse Asus ROG Pugio
    Headset Asus ROG DELTA RGB
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteuis QI
    OS WINDOWS 10
    Network RouterAsus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
    Accessory #1 Lian LI RGB Strimmer pin cable
    Accessory #2 Lametric Subscriber Counter
    Accessory #3 Corsair ST100 Headphone Stand RGB

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by 1mluer View Post
    At least it's all ASUS software. I believe sometime they will get around to the integration of this software and you will be in the drivers seat then. Could you image having 4 different products with 4 different software loaded and all fighting for the use of temperature and other sensors, light control, USB 2.0 but etc.. It can get ugly.
    u post a video abt ur complaint so we can understand better

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array harbingernight182 PC Specs
    harbingernight182 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VII Hero
    ProcessorRyzen 7 2700X (OC 4.122GHz)
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 4x8GB (OC - 3296)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix Radeon RX Vega 64
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
    Storage #2HP EX920 1TB + 8TB HDD + 2x3TB HDD(RAID1)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe RGB 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 RGB
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W
    Keyboard Asus ROG Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius 2 Origin
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Balteus Qi
    OS Windows 10 64bit

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by paru055 View Post
    u post a video abt ur complaint so we can understand better
    I posted a video in my original post of the issue this thread is about.

    *

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •