cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RAMPAGE V booting issue

ukgreg
Level 7
Hi all. Forgive me if this is the wrong board. I was sending countless emails to Asus support but with no answer so Im hoping that some of the members of this board will be able to help me with my issue.

Some time ago my motherboard started boot itself but I couldn’t see any reaction from my devices like keyboard or monitors. I had then removed all memory modules leaving only one and disconnected all unnecessary hardware like HDD's and sound card. Unfortunately, the situation did not improved. I have found that while I’m pressing start button to start the rig and couple of second after press it again until rig will switch itself off and then press it again it works perfectly fine. Please see link to the YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLZbnFuTMuY

I’m running there 1 module vengeance PLC Quad 4GB 2666MHz, CPU I7 5820, hdd Samsung EVO 960 500GB SSD.

I will be gratefull for any advises.

Greg
11 REPLIES 11

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
ukgreg wrote:
I’m running there 1 module vengeance PLC Quad 4GB 2666MHz

I can see at least 2 sticks of RAM in that video and at least one is the wrong slot

What is the exact memory part no. ? Do you have a single quad channel kit or mixed kits?

bd is memory failing to train...maybe increase VCCSA...

TimeLion724
Level 8
Ram slots work like:

1, 3, 2, 4,
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

Thanks for your response, the memory modules are:
16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-17000 (2133), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 13-15-15-28, XMP 2.0, 1.2V
This is a quad channel set.
Obviously, if I will remove the module from slot nr 2 and start it with only one of module plugged in it does not changing the situation, the power button must be pressed until motherboard will power off and then pressed again in order to start.

The same thing is happening when I install all 4 memories in sockets.

I have sent an email to ASUS support team but they are not answering which I'm finding very unprofessional. You're my only hope!
Kind regards

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried raising DRAM voltage to 1.3 or 1.35v

Could you please tell me which from the photo I should change? I have only one module installed in A1 slot. Please see attached 2 photos from "Extreme Tweaker" and "Monitor" menu.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Set Both DRAM voltage fields to 1.3 or 1.35v (red)

You can also try to set SA voltage to 1v or 1.1v (yellow)

@Arne Saknussemm Thanks for your advise.
So I was trying to change the voltage as suguested but these values seems to be locked (mean have no option to ammend them. Please see 5.jpg picture. I was trying to unlock them by enabling "AI Overlock Tuner" (3.JPG) but the options does not apeard to have option to ammend again. Then I have installed 4 modules but then I could only see 8GB. I have removed the module from slot D1 and then I could see 12 GB Ram please see 1.JPG and 2.JPG I have also read that enabling SVID support could help (4.JPG) but no success.
Could you please help me in unlocking the voltage that need changing?
Kind Regards.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
SVID support should be disabled if you are setting manual voltages...

Does your PSU not have a cable to connect the 4pin ATX?

@Arne Saknussemm
When I had the SVID disabled I wasn't able to change any voltages, they're just locked and I think somewhere in this Bios must be an option to unlock them. I went through the manual but nothing is being said about this so I'm lost.
Regarding the 4 Pin Socket, Manual stating that I can connect only 8 Pin if I'm using only 1 graphics card but if I will use multiple cards then I should connect 4 Pin as well. Should I have them both connected?