cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Centre showing wrong GPU information

MattPux
Level 7
Hope this is the right thread for this.

I'm having issues with my gaming centre, I've tried searching to see if anyone else has this problem but I've only seen other people with CPU information being wrong.

The GPU information is showing the wrong speed and temperature and I was hoping someone knows why and how to correct it? When I first bought the laptop it was working fine, it's only 5 months old.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

MoKiChU
Level 40
MattPux wrote:
Hope this is the right thread for this.

I'm having issues with my gaming centre, I've tried searching to see if anyone else has this problem but I've only seen other people with CPU information being wrong.

The GPU information is showing the wrong speed and temperature and I was hoping someone knows why and how to correct it? When I first bought the laptop it was working fine, it's only 5 months old.

Thanks.

Hi,

Do you use the latest version 2.5.10 of ROG Gaming Center : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/GamingCenter/ROGGamingCenter_ASUS_CFL_W10_64... ?

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Do you use the latest version 2.5.10 of ROG Gaming Center : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/GamingCenter/ROGGamingCenter_ASUS_CFL_W10_64... ?

I'm not sure how to find out what version I am using, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from that link, now it doesn't show any information for my CPU but shows the exact same information for the GPU.

MattPux wrote:
I'm not sure how to find out what version I am using, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from that link, now it doesn't show any information for my CPU but shows the exact same information for the GPU.

Try with the previous version (2.5.9) : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/AppforWin10/GamingCenter/ROGGamingCenter_ASUS_CFL_W10_64...

jocok
Level 7
Hi , not the version of the graphic card is bugged. (or the thermal paste or your laptop)
The problem is the newest nVidia Graphic Card driver! Make sure you're set your nVidia Card to default.
Step 1; nVidai control panel - Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.
Step 2; Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.
Step 3; Now select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting). If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor. - This is the Important to select Dedicated nVidia Graphic card to your setting!

jocok wrote:
Hi , not the version of the graphic card is bugged. (or the thermal paste or your laptop)
The problem is the newest nVidia Graphic Card driver! Make sure you're set your nVidia Card to default.
Step 1; nVidai control panel - Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.
Step 2; Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.
Step 3; Now select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting). If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor. - This is the Important to select Dedicated nVidia Graphic card to your setting!

I had the same issue after updating the graphics card driver. This worked! Thanks.

Tessarae wrote:
I had the same issue after updating the graphics card driver. This worked! Thanks.

Hi, I have the same issue with Gaming Center not showing any information on GPU data. However, I don't see the "Preferred Graphics Card" in the Nvidia control panel