cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the most stable bios for xi hero?

Selynelar
Level 8
Hi all I am wondering that i am using now 0805 bios for my ASUS Maximus Hero XI. But i am having problems with irst driver. I dont know if its bios or driver problem. Anyone can tell me which one is the most stable bios for this mobo?

Regards,
Janos
27 REPLIES 27

SK8
Level 10
Hi I have a Maximus XI Extreme MB on bios 805 I had nothing but problems it was not until I went and used bios 602 I got my rig stable.
Bios 602 and did a bios update doh
passed 8hr test on Karhu RamTest
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
CPU System Agent Voltage 1.29v
Dram timing control 17-18-18-38
Mode1
Dram command rate set to 2N set dram current capability to 130%

SK8 wrote:
Hi I have a Maximus XI Extreme MB on bios 805 I had nothing but problems it was not until I went and used bios 602 I got my rig stable.

So you mean that the 602 is much more stable?

SK8
Level 10
For me yes 602 bios was way more stable/ Fully stable. A old bios is not always a bad thing lol. I tried many different bios for my MB 602 was the only full on win for me.
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
Mode1

Thanks a lot. I have read a lots of bad thing about 0805. But so far still okay,but i want to make sure i run the most stable on my mobo.

And another question. Maybe you can help me. Now everything is on default settings in the bios. Do you recommened anything to set manually in the bios. Like Asus Multicore Enchanment disable and set cpu voltage to manual or I can leave it on auto etc. I dont plan much overclocking but as i said i want my system run stable.

And about the drivers. Which drivers are you using? From the mobo support disk or from the support page?

Sorry for the lots of question.

Regards,
Janos

Selynelar wrote:
Thanks a lot. I have read a lots of bad thing about 0805. But so far still okay,but i want to make sure i run the most stable on my mobo.

And another question. Maybe you can help me. Now everything is on default settings in the bios. Do you recommened anything to set manually in the bios. Like Asus Multicore Enchanment disable and set cpu voltage to manual or I can leave it on auto etc. I dont plan much overclocking but as i said i want my system run stable.

And about the drivers. Which drivers are you using? From the mobo support disk or from the support page?

Regards,
Janos
Bios 602 is a stable bios...been on bios 930 since release...seems stable as well...you won't go wrong with either IMHO
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Phillyflyer wrote:
Bios 602 is a stable bios...been on bios 930 since release...seems stable as well...you won't go wrong with either IMHO

Good to know @Phillyflyer I was holding off on bios 930 until I got a green light from you :] I will update in the next few days or next week. Edit ... I already have it ready to go on a USB just did not want to try until you said it was a good bios lol.
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
Mode1

SK8 wrote:
Good to know @Phillyflyer I was holding off on bios 930 until I got a green light from you :] I will update in the next few days or next week.

Remember to screenshot your bios settings as a flash will not retain them .
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Selynelar wrote:

Regards,
Janos

Its ok questions are good its how we learn :] I will not allow what I call junk programs on my PCs even if its a laptop lol from a write up I did on another site reg video card driver install just to give you a idea lol.... 7- When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking custom advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System unless your system needs more most don't and all the extra junk does make issues for most people in games.

I have a very set way of doing things with programs to keep my rigs stable G Force experience is full on trash and not allowed on my rigs I fully hate this program pure trash lol. I fixed way too many game issues for others due to Asus programs and G Force experience both make me nuts and Armoury Crate got added to my bad programs list as it made issues for a buddy in BFV Place eye roll in this spot. He was bad for using programs to update his PC bad bad move and I had to format him and fix his PC to get his BFV stable again .

I never use any Asus programs to many issues over the years for me and I keep my two game PC's very stable and clean by always d/l my drivers from the MB web page only. I disable Armoury Crate in BIOS its under tools and nor will I allow the Realtek sound drivers installed just another problem child from Asus in my mind. Nor do I need it as I use Sennheiser GSX 1000 Audio Amplifier & Sennheiser Game Zero Headset so I have no need for Realtek thank goodness just read the thread on this site with its issues 😕

Asus Multicore Enchantment I have set to Auto with my manual OC on my ram.

Under Tools Asus Armoury crate Disable it another problem child in my mind best to DL your drivers not use a program

Under Boot | CSM [ compatibility Support Module] set launch csm enabled , Boot device control set it to... UEFI and Legacy OProm , Last 3 set to Legacy only .. 1-network devices 2- storage devices and 3- pci-e/pci expansion devices all 3 set to Legacy only

Under boot again go to Secure Boot set OS type to windows UEFI Mode

If your on bios 602 now this is the settings I use other then my Manuel OC used on my ram settings are in my sig. And no I did not do it on my own I got help from a OC guy on this site to do my ram.
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
Mode1

SK8
Level 10
Oh I know I have everything written down just to be safe :] Edit lol look at my sig below lol
Set to Manual OC
Dram Frequency 4266MHz
Dram voltage 1.45v
CPU VCCIO Voltage 1.25v
Mode1