cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advices and Help for my Future coming build.

vampireor
Level 7
Hello everyone, I would like to ask you for compatibility and recommendations on my new build, I have some of the stuff and would love if anyone told me to change something to better.

CPU: i3-7100 3.9 GHz

Ram: I need a good kinda cheap 8gb.

GPU: Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse 8gb

Motherboard: Asus Prime H270

Case: Thermaltake Versa C23 RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower. // Corsair Carbide Series 275R White. // NZXT H500 Black // Cooler Master Master Case H500

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Im thinking to buy the MasterCase H500 from coolermaster

Fans: I need suggestions with that.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED Turbo (Red) 66.3

PSU: Delco 600W (Total Max)

I'm buying the Case and Ram's, and need suggestions to what shall I change (Even from my main build). and what's better, Literally everything u can help with.

Best regards!

Omar.
10 REPLIES 10

vampireor
Level 7
bump

The main point I would be worried about is that CPU, try to sell it and get at least i5-7600k, it doesn't have to be brand new, check out some deals on ebay.

With ram, check the deals that you have going around in your region. 2x4b would be sufficient, while 2x8gb would be optimal. Since it's Intel, the actual speed doesn't matter that much. Try to look for sweet spot between Mhz and Timings. But most of the times you wouldn't feel difference betwen 2400mhz CL 16 to 3200 cl 16. Same as with the CPU, check ebay and maybe even get used one.

Although this is not a perfect solution : You can even buy 1x4gb stick for now and have the PC usable, it won't play any games, but you can browse the net and watch movies and when you gather some more cash get another 4gb.

CPU cooler is fine for now.

PSU: well if it works it works.

Fans : Don't worry too much about them, whatever you get is fine. Don't listen to elitist they will throw Noctua in your face every sentence they can, but really it doesn't matter much for the case fans. But if you wonna maximize the performance of the CPU, then I would switch the fan of your 212 cooler to this one :

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a12x25-pwm

There's nothing better than that. It's expensive, true. But even if you switch your CPU to 7600k, it would cool it well, even overclocked.

For the case it's you own preference, basically what you like best, go for it.

My personal case of choice from the midrange market is this :

ninezerofive wrote:
The main point I would be worried about is that CPU, try to sell it and get at least i5-7600k, it doesn't have to be brand new, check out some deals on ebay.

With ram, check the deals that you have going around in your region. 2x4b would be sufficient, while 2x8gb would be optimal. Since it's Intel, the actual speed doesn't matter that much. Try to look for sweet spot between Mhz and Timings. But most of the times you wouldn't feel difference betwen 2400mhz CL 16 to 3200 cl 16. Same as with the CPU, check ebay and maybe even get used one.

Although this is not a perfect solution : You can even buy 1x4gb stick for now and have the PC usable, it won't play any games, but you can browse the net and watch movies and when you gather some more cash get another 4gb.

CPU cooler is fine for now.

PSU: well if it works it works.

Fans : Don't worry too much about them, whatever you get is fine. Don't listen to elitist they will throw Noctua in your face every sentence they can, but really it doesn't matter much for the case fans. But if you wonna maximize the performance of the CPU, then I would switch the fan of your 212 cooler to this one :

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a12x25-pwm

There's nothing better than that. It's expensive, true. But even if you switch your CPU to 7600k, it would cool it well, even overclocked.

For the case it's you own preference, basically what you like best, go for it.

My personal case of choice from the midrange market is this :

Thanks for the detailed information !

I have a ready build but I'm doin major upgrades , like GPU , Case , etc ,, so I'll upgrade the GPU and Case and then I can continue upgrading my pc parts every now and then

So , shall I switch to ryzen or stay with Intel but just upgrading it,

if you could link me the Rams of your choice *

Wouldn't the PSU effect the build negatively ?

Much appreciated !. **

If you want us to help you you will have to give us more detailed information:

1)What are the parts you currently have

2)Where are you from, to look at suitable deals in your location

3)What's your budget ?

4) What's the purpose of this build, gaming, editing etc

5)Do you want to build all at once, or are you prepared to suffer a bit now and then upgrade some parts later on.

* *Thank you for the response, well I have got those parts :-

MBB is Asus H270 prime
I3-7100
GTX MSI 960
8gb ram from a random company
PSU from Delco and its 650 Watts I guess
the case is Thermal take core P3
1tb Hard drive

I'm from the UAE , Speceficly Abu Dhabi ,, you can use a website called " NewEgg"

I have a flexible budget , and I'm upgrading a piece by piece suffering at the begging is better than regretting after time has passed ,, ,

I'm starting from the Case and GPU and the'll be
"Sapphire vega 56 pulse " , "CoolerMaster MasterCase H500"

Are you willing to wait? Computex will start in a month and Ryzen will bring new platform and chips out:

2019 Computex Taipei will begin on : Tuesday, 28 May

We can help you now, but in a 6 weeks everything can be different.

I would advise you to get the case and the GPU now and wait until computex to decide what to do with the cpu/mobo.

Awesome news!

But the prices would be fire right 😛 , do you know what are the new releases ?*

New motherboards with PCIe 4.0 support:

https://wccftech.com/asus-x570-motherboards-next-gen-amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-leak-out/

And Ryzen Chips possibly up to 16 Cores :

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/amd-ryzen-3000-next-generation-16-core-processors-leaked

If they truly are that great as anticipated, then I would advise to pick up great x570 board when they come out and some cheap ryzen CPU to begin with, and then later on upgrade to one of the new beast CPU's 😉

So here’s the plan*

I start with the GPU and Case. *( Sapphire vega 56 pulse ) ( MasterCase H500 )
After a month or so i upgrade the Mobo
And then i buy a beast CPU?*

Give me suggestions on what shall i switch with the plan

* May i ask , whats the difference between the CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 and the mech and what shall i get